Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another blackline thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Goodnight77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another blackline thread

Finally got down the the dealership to look at the blackline..

Few of the goods imo: All the black, it seems the moco has listened up a bit and done some of the things that a lot of us tend to do to on our own rides. Things such as the lower forks and rear turn signals. It's just enough black to set it off. not overkill. The dash looks amazing with that low profile look. the feel when you sit on it really feels like the night train that i ride.

What I didn't like: bars.. just a little weird but it could grow on me. Don't know if i could ever grow to like the speedo on the bars, I kinda wish they would have done the whole engine in the night train look.

Overall I think it is a great looking ride with tons of potential to be a sick scoot.

Price tag.. for the orange/black with abs ran right about 15,900 i believe. This dealer added a set of V&H 2-1 with a SE ac, added about 2,700 to the price tag and with set up and everything OTD was like right under 21,000.

I can't wait for someone on here to get one and mod it out, unfortunately, i don't believe I would be up to it. I'll keep the train.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 AM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like my train better anyway than that, the front look "weak" to me

its like a big nightster...

Old 02-23-2011, 09:33 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see it as a big nightster, I dig it more the the trains because I'm bit a fan of the dovetail fenders

Old 02-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Goodnight77
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jcallesano
I like my train better anyway than that, the front look "weak" to me

its like a big nightster...
I don't think it looks anything like a nightster, The front looks almost identical to mine, however the rear fender is a little odd. the tag looks terrible just hanging off the end. first minor little mods would be remove the reflectors off the forks, and move that tag out of the way...

Old 02-23-2011, 09:40 AM
scotman623
Novice

Price tag.. for the orange/black with abs ran right about 15,900 i believe. This dealer added a set of V&H 2-1 with a SE ac, added about 2,700 to the price tag and with set up and everything OTD was like right under 21,000.

WOW, Pipes and a new ac added 2700..??? Guess im in the wrong line of work. I do need to get to dealer and check it out though, looks pretty nice in pics.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Angry

i saw it monday i did not like it, looks like harley threw it togeather no effort in the bike at all. way to pricey i like my fatboy lo better,

Old 02-23-2011, 10:16 AM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain

Yea - what KO said and the bars are just an odd fit for this biker. Yet to see on any other place than the floor of the dealer.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:21 AM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local dealer finally has 2 of them. They have an all black one and the orange and black one. Still nobody has bought one. I almost did but could not get past the bars. They were offering to throw in a 500 dollar HD gift card. Would have done it if they bumped it up to a 1000 gift card.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 AM
fdb2007
Road Master

I looked at one Mon too. Looked better in the picture. If they would have finished the job on the tank and completely smoothed it out and did something, anything, with the handlebars and . I could proabably live with the speedo with the right bars. At least I know what all the fuss is about now. It made for a good stop on our 76 degree day Mon

Old 02-23-2011, 03:11 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

The bars are a turn off,
The photos seem like they relocated the coil and got rid of the seat post ? is that true ? looks really nice.
Also did you say the bike base price include the ABS ? that is a good deal I think !.

Quick Reply: Another blackline thread