Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fat spokes

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:15 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I am inquiring about selling these Mammoth fat spokes again today or tomorrow. I have to talk it over with a a couple of guys as we have to decide if it is worth the hassle should someone get a bad set of wheels which happened numerous times in the past. If I do I will be able to get killer pricing for forum members. I'll let you guys know today or tomorrow.

Drew

Old 02-09-2011, 11:30 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I am inquiring about selling these Mammoth fat spokes again today or tomorrow. I have to talk it over with a a couple of guys as we have to decide if it is worth the hassle should someone get a bad set of wheels which happened numerous times in the past. If I do I will be able to get killer pricing for forum members. I'll let you guys know today or tomorrow.

Drew
Your gonna sell a crap load of them ..... good luck!...... Some of the people i see that buy the fat spoked wheels have problems holding air.... just tell them to run tubes ...problem solved..... less headache for you....lol...

Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup , Im going to be running tubes . And go figure Drew would start selling them again after I bought mine lol . I got mine from KC for $360 a rim
With the rotors pads and new bolts I paid $910.54 to my door .... beat that and you are doing something .

Old 02-09-2011, 12:15 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Your gonna sell a crap load of them ..... good luck!...... Some of the people i see that buy the fat spoked wheels have problems holding air.... just tell them to run tubes ...problem solved..... less headache for you....lol...

We had some serious fitment issues and problems with the chrome as well. The tubes are not really an issue. Trying to resolve anything with DNA was the real problem. If they would have taken good care of us we would have kept selling them, but after the sale support is equally as important as making a sale with these kind of issues. If the manufacturer is unwilling to provide after the sale support it leaves us dead in the water.

Drew

Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Rick101285
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dr.drew if you have a set that has a 21x3 and a 18x5.5 with 3/4" bearing and 00 plus hubs that you want to sell let me know

Old 02-09-2011, 01:49 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn now I wish I waited and went through you guys Drew... Timing is everything???

Anyway I already ordered a 23x3.5 front and 18x4.25 rear anyway you might be able to track down some tubes for me Drew? Let me know!

Old 02-09-2011, 02:00 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by story808
Damn now I wish I waited and went through you guys Drew... Timing is everything???

Anyway I already ordered a 23x3.5 front and 18x4.25 rear anyway you might be able to track down some tubes for me Drew? Let me know!
Tubes! That is nice of you Mark, lol. Hey bro, I cant wait to see your your wheels on. When are they suppose to be in?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:05 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN

Drew
Drew, Before I ordered these mammoth wheels I did a ton of looking here on the forum. The only issues that I saw that people posted was air leaks. That was back in 08-09. So I just figured running tubes. I didnt see any other negative imput other than wheel spacing. Plus they are a lot less expensive than the other fat spoke wheel manufactures. Now hopfully DNA will give you better service so you can offer this as another option to us Harley owners. Good luck.
Stone

Old 02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default spokes

are the spokes stainless steel

Old 02-09-2011, 11:09 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

After talking it over with a few of the guys at the shop, we have decided not to sell the DNA's. Too much hassle to justify the means. Sorry guys.

Drew

Quick Reply: fat spokes