Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about a 26" front wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

why not use a buggy wheel..you could get a couple horses pulling it..would be good on fuel..and good for the environment

Old 02-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Big H
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm a fan if done right and I know it's not practical. That is obvious, but it's all about a look and stretching the boundaries. That is the basis for many modifications.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:49 AM
hksigman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gray_Drifter
I rode up to Cook's Corner a little earlier this afternoon and among the hundreds of bikes, this one really stood out. It was a heavily modified Road Glide with a 26" front wheel! I didn't even realize that was possible. The tire size was 120/50/26. The bike also had an air powered center stand that retracted with a flip of a switch. One sick ride for sure.

http://sinisterindustries.com/

Out of Arizona. If you look them up on Youtube you see the owner of the company "surfing" this bike and doin a "peace-sign" burn out.
Hes makin 30" front wheel baggers...

Ive been intrerested in those "drag" bars he puts on the roadglide...

Old 06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
98rdglider
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26" rim on a 98 road glide!!!

Bolt on Rake kit by HHI (They said it doesnt work on a 98 but it did) rides great, rides daily, no problems other than not being able to answer to all the thumbs up!!!!)...Go hard or go home is what i say...Most talk down on what they dont like and have every excuse in the world not to do it..If they tell you that it cant be done (it can)...step outside the box and make it happen....

Last edited by 98rdglider; 06-14-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: mispelled a word
Old 06-14-2012, 03:11 PM
TRUSTNOBODY
Cruiser

26" on a bagger looks sick! I prefer a 23" on a softie

Old 06-14-2012, 03:30 PM
08Nighttrain
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always say what makes a Harley yours is how you like it not how everyone else does so do whatever you enjoy.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master

Originally Posted by 08Nighttrain
I always say what makes a Harley yours is how you like it not how everyone else does so do whatever you enjoy.
Well put and agreed..

Old 06-14-2012, 04:59 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley F250
Building a '10 right now with a 26", seeing lots of them at rides and shows. We'll see how it rides once it's done.. using a bolt on triple tree conversion with air ride forks. Guys I've asked say they ride great, again we'll see.
My buddy went with that set-up on his 2010 Street Glide (A lot of people we talked to raved about how good it will ride, too) and I must say you may want to reconsider it. He pretty much ruined a nice bike in terms of rideability. He hates it that it is finished, and trying to decide to go back with the stock tree and a 21 or sell the bike. The first tree they sent had to be replaced because the bike would wobble above 70 mph, and they replaced it. The new tree does not have the wobble, but it rides like crap and handles like a tank. IIRC, his tree was an HHI. We have had it apart it a couple of times, and tried to find something we missed, but everythng was right. It is insane how heavy those tires and rims are, and I don't know if that has a effect on it, but it is not at all fun to ride.

I'm not at all trying to rain on your parade, but I'd hate to see someone else make their bike useless besides looking cool sitting a parking lot.

Attached Thumbnails How about a 26" front wheel?-ben-1.jpg   How about a 26" front wheel?-ben-2.jpg   How about a 26" front wheel?-ben-3.jpg   How about a 26" front wheel?-ben-4.jpg  
Old 06-14-2012, 05:03 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98rdglider
Bolt on Rake kit by HHI (They said it doesnt work on a 98 but it did) rides great, rides daily, no problems other than not being able to answer to all the thumbs up!!!!)...Go hard or go home is what i say...Most talk down on what they dont like and have every excuse in the world not to do it..If they tell you that it cant be done (it can)...step outside the box and make it happen....
How much rake did you go with? We talked to several other people at Thunder Beach this year that experienced the same thing my buddy's bike is doing. Even after they sent the "fixed" set of trees, it is still a tank.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master

I dont think just trees is the key.. You have to cut and rake the neck also to get the trail just right.. And in my eyes I would not just cut it in the garage floor.. Get a frame table so you know you have everything where it needs to be.. I know venders sale these neck cut kits with metal and a paper templet but I am annal about measurements when you are dealing with two wheels hitting the pavement at the right angle.

Quick Reply: How about a 26" front wheel?