Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet-Riot Baffle

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:14 PM
chiefe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quiet-Riot Baffle

Has anyone used these baffle's?
http://www.rocky-mountain-performance.com/

Old 03-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking into those (we have a strict motorcycle noise bylaw) last summer. A local Indy ran some tests on them, and in their opinion they didn't work. At least they weren't a solution for lowering the decibels on my wife's sporty with Rinehart Crossbacks. Anyhow, they told me they were a waste of money, and there were cheaper options that did a better job.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Wabbit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ribaldmanikin
Anyhow, they told me they were a waste of money, and there were cheaper options that did a better job.
Did they happen to tell you what any of those options were?

Old 03-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master

You know what, they didn't... and I'm still waiting to hear back what their solution is to the legality of the crossbacks. The wife's next ticket will be $500!

I do know they had better luck with custom solutions on some bikes. The usual, stove rope, or glass pack baffles.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:24 PM
billsantos
Cruiser

There is a company out there called Smartpartz that makes a strange looking baffle that supposedly drops the sound quite a bit..never tried them or heard them. Read some good reviews and think I saw them on You-tube. Bout all i know of them

Old 03-10-2011, 04:40 PM
JohnK-NJ
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have read mixed results with Big City Thunder baffles. They seem over priced and don't make the bike as quiet as people hope for.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by billsantos
There is a company out there called Smartpartz that makes a strange looking baffle that supposedly drops the sound quite a bit..never tried them or heard them. Read some good reviews and think I saw them on You-tube. Bout all i know of them
I have their baffles in my true duals. They do work, but don't know if you stay within the law ... supposed to shave about 10 decibels off the volume.

Don't know if they have them for the Rhinehart Crossbacks .

http://www.smartpartz.com/

Old 03-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I looked into the Quiet Riot Baffles for my Pro Pipe and they didn't have anything that would work at the time...Still might not.

After a recent build on my 06 SB the motor just didn't seems to have the sound I expected with the Rush Slip on's . HD Tech knew what I was looking for as far as keeping with a semi stock look and told me to contact Big City Thunder for their in the Head Pipe Baffles. So now I have the sound and performance I was looking for and still have the option of installing the Rush Baffles sound It be found it overly loud down the road.

Karsten

Old 03-11-2011, 02:12 AM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rakthi
I have their baffles in my true duals. They do work, but don't know if you stay within the law ... supposed to shave about 10 decibels off the volume.

Don't know if they have them for the Rhinehart Crossbacks .

http://www.smartpartz.com/
I was hoping to find someone with them. I have V&H SS slip ons with quiet baffles and even after repacking them, still have to low rpm it past local cops...So your saying, while they do work, your TD's still are loud enough to maybe get you stopped ? Were the TD's on the loud side to begin with ?...I'd like to drop a few more decibels (nothing back near stock) but keep the nice low rumble the V&H's give me....I might give them a try then.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Yup, I have them, I use them in combination with the quiet baffles. Still gives a nice deep rumble but not overly loud with the TDs at stationary and cruising (still louder than the stock headers with SE slip-ons), but when you crack the throttle they sure hear you coming.

The TDs are pretty loud and the quiet baffles only take about 2 - 3 Decibels off according to V&H. The Smartpartz are another 10 db less. I guess I'm about 95 Db or so.

Quick Reply: Quiet-Riot Baffle