Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tru dual or springer dual exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Muchavio
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tru dual or springer dual exhaust???

I have a 02 Fatboy, I added the baggertail kit with Roadking hard bags. I want to change the look so the mufflers exit a little past the rear of the left and right saddlebags. I was looking at several true dual sets and a heritage springer dual kit. I wanted to know if there was any performance advantage/gains with a true dual set with or w/o torque cones or would I be better off with the springer duals? Thanks for any input

Muchavio

Old 04-02-2011, 02:48 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd get Samson true duals...

Old 04-02-2011, 04:21 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Running baffles will give you better power, but for my money Samson True Duals with no baffles win for sound and looks everyday. I would say the 33" should be just what you need.

Drew

Old 04-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Chief101
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Im running a Springer "dual exhaust" headpipe setup with HD screaming eagle mufflers. Love the look and sound.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:57 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer the look of a true "true dual" system like Samsons...but I think the Springer dual system provides more back pressure and if you have an EFI bike, will probably run better while still give the looks of dual pipes.

If your bike is carbed...then it might not be a significant difference at all.

I thought about running the Springer head pipes with Samson silverbullet fishtails way back in the day for this reason...but went with full Samsons and never looked back!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Muchavio
Novice

Thanks for the replys and the thumbs up on the Samson true duals. I was looking at that set up. I was also looking at the Bassani true dual set, but not sure if there's any difference in performance or sound. I don't think any of the Bassani mufflers for that system will make it past my bags. Then again I can always get a different/longer muffler. Not sure if it will make a difference, my bike is injected, stage 1 flash, SE AC, 204 cam, SE billet cam plate, SE adj push rods/lifters, stock shorty duals w/SE mufflers and RideMaxx fuel tuner. I'm about to change out the ridemaxx with a se race tuner. Thanks again for the replies

Muchavio

Here are a few pics

Attached Thumbnails Tru dual or springer dual exhaust???-picture_005.jpg   Tru dual or springer dual exhaust???-picture_006.jpg  
Old 04-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Muchavio
Thanks for the replys and the thumbs up on the Samson true duals. I was looking at that set up. I was also looking at the Bassani true dual set, but not sure if there's any difference in performance or sound. I don't think any of the Bassani mufflers for that system will make it past my bags. Then again I can always get a different/longer muffler. Not sure if it will make a difference, my bike is injected, stage 1 flash, SE AC, 204 cam, SE billet cam plate, SE adj push rods/lifters, stock shorty duals w/SE mufflers and RideMaxx fuel tuner. I'm about to change out the ridemaxx with a se race tuner. Thanks again for the replies

Muchavio

Here are a few pics
I have Bassani True Duals on a Fatboy I just bought. I would dare say the mufflers would be about as long as your bags.

Another pic from the original owner.

Karsten

Old 04-03-2011, 12:57 AM
SMF
Banned

Samsons are the ony way to roll with true duals bro good luck

Old 04-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Muchavio
Novice

Thanks for the pics, both of those are real sweet looking scoots. i think i'm leaning a bit more to the Bassani, since the appear to sit a bit higher than the Samsons. One would have to be real careful leaning in the corners with the Samson so they won't scrape. All in all both rides look real good with those dual sets.

Muchavio

Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
SMF
Banned

They dont scrape also remember most people with the samsons have air ride and in the pics the bikes are slammed

Quick Reply: Tru dual or springer dual exhaust???