Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 fat boy lo exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:16 PM
riverboy1969
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 fat boy lo exhaust???

I just recently bought a fat boy lo. who makes the badest exhaust for this bike? both functional and looks?

Thanks for any advice

Old 04-13-2011, 03:30 PM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pretty much asked the same thing... but I had already decided on V&H.. just hadn't decided on which ones... I went with the Big Radius 2-2... glad I did.... see them in my sig

Old 04-13-2011, 04:12 PM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser

The V&H big radius are nice, but in my opinion that is what alot of people are putting on their Lo so I am not getting those. For function and looks, I would say bassani road rage 2 into 1, d&d fatcat 2 into 1, or if you want 2 into 2 the v&h big shots.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

I went with Supertrapps X-Pipes, a 2-2 system.

I almost went for a 2-1 system, both V&H's Pro Pipe and Supertrapps Supermeg. 2-1 for function.

I put form over function for much choice.

Also, congrats!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:32 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

That's a pretty open ended question. Just go with what you like. Ride over to your local dealer or bike hangout and check out the pipes and see what you like. I went with the V&H BSS and I get compliments on the sound all the time.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:40 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SkinnyonFatboyLo
The V&H big radius are nice, but in my opinion that is what alot of people are putting on their Lo so I am not getting those. For function and looks, I would say bassani road rage 2 into 1, d&d fatcat 2 into 1, or if you want 2 into 2 the v&h big shots.
Skinny you are right, but keep in mindthat it just appears that way because we are all on one site like a family of modifiers.

I have the only 2 into 2 BR V/H's on my lo that I have seen in person. I have been to 6 rallies and several shows.

So it just seems like that since the hdforum softail section breeds creative customizing for all to see here. If I added up all the ones I could find on the internet, it still would only amount to about 10 lo's with this exhaust at the most.

I'm not sayin it's the best choice, I'm just sayin'.

Good luck with whatever is decided on.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:48 PM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Skinny you are right, but keep in mindthat it just appears that way because we are all on one site like a family of modifiers.

I have the only 2 into 2 BR V/H's on my lo that I have seen in person. I have been to 6 rallies and several shows.

So it just seems like that since the hdforum softail section breeds creative customizing for all to see here. If I added up all the ones I could find on the internet, it still would only amount to about 10 lo's with this exhaust at the most.

I'm not sayin it's the best choice, I'm just sayin'.

Good luck with whatever is decided on.
I see your point Jim. I really didn't look at it that way. I mean to be honest I haven't seen another Lo around where I live. I just think that with form and function 2 into 1 is the way to go, but the best answer to the question is GO WITH WHAT YOU LIKE.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:03 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SkinnyonFatboyLo
I see your point Jim. I really didn't look at it that way. I mean to be honest I haven't seen another Lo around where I live. I just think that with form and function 2 into 1 is the way to go, but the best answer to the question is GO WITH WHAT YOU LIKE.
By the way skinny, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you on board bro!

Old 04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
By the way skinny, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you on board bro!
Thanks Jim.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Caseyx
Tourer

I saw the my first Lo driving on the highway last night and I've been looking for 6 months. Hanging out on the HD "LO" Forum where I see em everyday, well, it was a surprise to see another on the street.

Quick Reply: 2011 fat boy lo exhaust???