Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reseting factory alarm

Old 10-27-2006, 11:16 PM
toolbox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reseting factory alarm

Hello all, a fellow biker was riding his 05 deluxe last night, stopped for a rest & went to start his bike and it would not crank, The alarm is set,(signals flashing continously) & his key fob wont disarm it. I tried searching the do-it-yourself treads and found some good advice, I tried explaining it to him over the phone, but to no avail. I am going to check the bike out in the morning to try & figure it out. He doesnt have a manual & doesnt know the code. Any suggestions for me? OR does anyone on a 05 deluxe & have the factory reset procedure?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks agian.
TOOLBOX

[IMG]local://upfiles/11196/CB43523E02D5455A8C52F7EBF5523C3F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-27-2006, 11:17 PM
jhugs92
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reseting factory alarm

use the turn signal buttons, unless reset, it should still be set from the factory, i think all 1's

Old 10-27-2006, 11:21 PM
toolbox
Road Master

Do you happen to know the procedure? Im looking for my wifes o6 dyna book right now. I believe its the same? Thaks for the reply jhugs92
TOOLBOX

Old 10-27-2006, 11:24 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: jhugs92

use the turn signal buttons, unless reset, it should still be set from the factory, i think all 1's
I "think" you have to turn the ignition on and off while holding the left button, then it should show a blinking dash or something in the odometer. THen you need to hit the left button till it gets to 1 then set it with the right button, left button again till it gets to 1 set it with the right again. Keep doing that till its all 1's and it should allow you to switch the ignition on and start the bike.
Be warned, if you shut it off you have to go through the entire process again to restart it. So my advice would be to get a new battery for the fob FIRST, then you may not have to bother.

Ps I am "assuming" that he never reset it from the factory 11111 setting.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:26 PM
toolbox
Road Master

Thanks Citoriplus, I will get to his house in the morning & pull this tread up and try it. Again...THANKS ALL.
TOOLBOX

Old 10-27-2006, 11:27 PM
toadmanor
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn to accesory

press and hold both turn signals until the security key in the dash flashes fast.

enter each number on the left turn signal and then press the right turn signal to advance to the next digit.

If the code was 1234 you would press left turn signal once then right once
left turn signal two times then right once
left turn signal three times then right once
left turn signal four times then right once

and it should disarm.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:32 PM
toolbox
Road Master

Thanks toadmanor. I kinda thought it would be 1234 or 0000 because he doesnt remember ever setting a personal code. I will tryt all of this in the morning. Agian I say thanks...Isnt this a great forum! I will read the rest of the replys later, Everyone have a great day.
TOOLBOX

Old 10-27-2006, 11:52 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Forget what I posted before. I found the instructions for my 07's system. But I'm not sure its the same as the one in the 05's.
I'll type it out for you to try anyway. Finding the instructions made me realize that I better carry them with me or I may be in trouble, like your friend.

1. Turn IGN key to IGNITION and immediatly hold BOTH turn switches until 5 dashes appear in the odometer window.
2. Enter first digit (a) of code by pressing the left turn signal (a) times.
3. Press left turn switch one time.
repeat steps 2 & 3 till all 5 digits are displayed.

That should disarm the system and allow you to turn the ignition switch on and start the bike.

The system in my bike needs 5 digits to operate, and the factory setting is 11111 an all the new bikes. I haven't a clue what it may have been in 05.
One word of warning, if you turn it off for any reason, you need to reinput the security code again to restart it.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:15 AM
softail2005
Road Captain

I know this is crazy, but I had the same problem with my 05 Deluxe and all I did is switch off the main ignition switch on the tank and back on, it set off the alarm. I then held the key fob down by the horn and hit it twice and the darn thing went off. I could then start my bike. Its like rebooting a computer.

Worth a try since setting off the alarm will allow it to make noise for a time then it will reset itself. If you cannot get the alarm to go off then you have to reset it. If the bike was tipped over I think you have to cycle the ignition switch off and on twice. The switch on the tank not the handlebar.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Look in the "Do it Yourself help forum" under "Engine Diagnostics , Alarm, and Fuel Injection Issues". https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_247/tt.htm There are several topics that deal with the alarm. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reseting factory alarm