Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Custom vs. Softail Deuce

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
95yj
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaRider
OK. Maybe I am being seduced by the mini-apes on the Custom. I like the look a lot. Does anyone have any experience or seen mini-apes on a Deuce?
Mini apes look really nice on a Deuce. That's one of the customizations you do to really bring out the lines on the Deuce. Not to disrespect any Custom owners at all but a nice Deuce seems to attract a lot more ooglers than some of the other bikes that look equally nice. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:43 PM
SlkTxn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not too concerned about finding parts for customizing it as I will probably leave it pretty much stock

LMAO!....good luck with that...better not hang around this board long then. Bought my Custom back in Oct...and these guys have cost me a fortune...but I'm loving every minute. Good Luck with your decision...and enjoy!

Old 06-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Jeepguy1
Intermediate

I also was debating between the Duece and the Custom. I bought the Custom. I am also 6'1" and the Custom with the mini apes fit me better. I am not knocking the Duece. I still like the Duece. The Custom just felt better to ride. Good luck on your decision. Both bikes are great.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:00 PM
FBL2011
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

deuce

Old 06-22-2011, 09:19 PM
the blob
Road Warrior
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

custom!! i love the bobbed/classic chop look the custom has.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:33 PM
geneinnc
Cruiser

no one can really answer this but you. you need seat time, and more than a 10 mile round trip to tell.

tell the owners you are GOING to buy one or the other, and offer to rent the bike for 2 hours. go ahead and find your insurance carrier and tell them your plan.

ride each bike the same time of day, on a different day though. use the same route if possible.

I was allowed to do that at my dealer on NEW bikes. "ride 2 a day until you find the one you want"

I went with the Softail Classic. PLEASE remember the seat fit it the MAIN thing.

You can't compare anything unless they have the proper seating for you. That is easily fixed now bu sending your seat to Mean City. They get your height & weight, pull the leather and put memory gel or impact gel to make it right for you, and the prices are great.

Good luck.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:43 PM
SFTL 1
Cruiser

DEUCE! The rear fender, recessed tail light, slimmed gas tank, smooth rear fender struts etc... I get more people checking out my Deuce than all of my Fat Boy riding buddies combined. The Deuce imo has a progressive, yet classic look for a Harley and the older it gets the more I like it.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:25 AM
09heritagerider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd go with the Custom in vivid black and put some taller apes and upswept pipes on it. That would be a NICE ride!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:26 AM
maddbomber
Advanced

i have a deuce...i come from a honda cbr 600f3 and a honda rc51...i love all bikes but something about the deuce made me want to switch over from rockets...and i havent regretted it

i dont think the deuce will go "out of style" or look "dated" because they are discontinued, as a matter of fact, i LOVE that they are discontinued....that will keep them unique

Old 06-23-2011, 03:43 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

No contest. Custom! Just can't get past that oddball rear fender on the Deuce.

Quick Reply: Softail Custom vs. Softail Deuce