Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones Risers and Handlebar

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Hooah09
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross Bones Risers and Handlebar

I have decided that I would like to go with a low-profile drag-type handlebar setup on my Bones. I think that I would like to get some lower risers than the stock 3" ones, but I have been having a heck of a time finding anything that fits OEM Harley Springers. Do any of you know if there are any 2" risers out there that fit the Xbones? Maybe even 1.5"?

Also, since I am deployed and do not have my bike in front of me, I want to ask you guys about handlebar clearance. I know that many of you run apes, so this thought may not have even crossed your mind before! But if I were to put a drag bar on my Bones, with zero inches of rise and 4 to 6 inches of pullback, would it still be able to clear the tank when turned left or right to full lock? And even if that clears, what if I got lower risers, or installed a tank lift? Would the bars clear then?

Anybody have any other suggestions for a sick-looking, low-profile front end setup?

I know that if I could just walk out to my garage, I would have a quick answer for myself, but unfortunately I'm a few thousand miles away from having that luxury! Thanks!

Old 07-15-2011, 08:48 PM
RNBONES
Road Master

Check out www.afterhourschoppers.com He has some "shorties" that he makes. Not sure of the exact height but he has others at 3" and 4", i have the 4" on my bones. Not sure if he makes them in anything other than brass but just thought i'd chime in with an possible option.
As far as the tank clearance not sure. I can try and go out in the morning and see if i can take some measurements for you?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

YOu could always get a riser adapter kit from vtwin manufacturing and run whatever standard riser you like..

Old 07-16-2011, 02:24 AM
Hooah09
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Milty
YOu could always get a riser adapter kit from vtwin manufacturing and run whatever standard riser you like..
Very cool...I did a search for this kit and it came right up. Are there any downsides or negatives to using these studs over the stock ones?

Old 07-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Hooah09
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RNBONES
Check out www.afterhourschoppers.com He has some "shorties" that he makes. Not sure of the exact height but he has others at 3" and 4", i have the 4" on my bones. Not sure if he makes them in anything other than brass but just thought i'd chime in with an possible option.
As far as the tank clearance not sure. I can try and go out in the morning and see if i can take some measurements for you?
Thanks for the link...doesn't look like they have non-brass risers, but I have been wondering where you got all of you awesome brass hardware!

And for the tank clearance, that would be awesome! I really just need to know how low I can go or how much of a tank lift I could get away with before the handlebars start banging against the tank....

Old 07-16-2011, 06:14 AM
SBW Cycles
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a set of tbars on my dad's Springer. He loves them. They have flames engraved throughout the bars. Had to change out the top tree.