Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hacker Mayhem exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:14 PM
purecountry13b
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hacker Mayhem exhaust

Has anyone had any dealings with this company, or this particular pipe? Here's the link. I think it would look good on my bones, but have never heard of the company before. Thanks for any help. http://www.hackercustomexhaust.com/products/harley.php

Old 06-24-2012, 12:23 PM
bodean1968
Intermediate

I ordered some mayhem exhaust about 9 weeks ago, still waiting on them! If they ever arrive ill let you know how they are! ( about to give up & go with v&h short shots!!!!!!)

Old 06-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Deadanimal
Tourer

Originally Posted by purecountry13b
Has anyone had any dealings with this company, or this particular pipe? Here's the link. I think it would look good on my bones, but have never heard of the company before. Thanks for any help. http://www.hackercustomexhaust.com/products/harley.php
Sure have and the dude flaked out on me! ordered a custom exhaust that he said and agreed to build for me back in early Dec and he eventually just stopped responding to my inquiries.
He basically told me he got busy with production and did not make my set, Sorry but if you argee to do a job then do the damn job.
I guess he is still busy because I have not heard from him in bout 5 months.
Take your chances but don't count on getting anything quick.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Deadanimal
Tourer

Below is the email traffic i had before it ended and yet to hea of him again.

Hi Daniel

We do our best to take care of customers, we offer custom built pipes, when we can, and usually we build them between Nov-Jan, other months we are booked for production, however this winter we never slowed down, and we received far more custom builds than we usually do. Custom pipes take us 20 -30 hours per set to build, add that to our record sales we have for the last 6 months, so I have been asked to help catch up our production and to hold all custom exhaust including the ones for my own bikes until we catch up.
I am the designer and am the backbone of this company, however I have 2 other people who are steering the ship, so to speak, so until we catch up, I can't pull anyone off production to build custom exhaust.
thanks
Ronnie Hacker

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 19:01:03 -0700, customerservice wrote
Ronnie,
I placed this order in December to provide enough build time as I know it takes just that, time. I know you must be busy but there must be some kind of line up for projects being worked. I am willing to wait but not forever, and as a customer that is going to bragg about what I have and suggest your company to others that ride, I need a date, time frame, or something as to when you are going to get to my set of pipes. I'm feeling a bit unimportant, and would like a bit more on the situation.
Respectfully
Daniel
-----------------------------------------
To: deadanimal_@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Fw: RE: Anger Mgt system
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:25:20 -0700
No progress on this right now. We are really swamped.
Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:00:47 -0700, info wrote
---------- Forwarded Message -----------
To: "info@hackercustomexhaust.com" <info@hackercustomexhaust.com>
> > Sent: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 22:28:17 +0000
> > Subject: RE: Anger Mgt system
Ronnie,
So it's the end of the month and I'm just looking for an updated time frame. I'm riddin around with a gay looking exhaust....
I hope to change that soon. Let me know.
Daniel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: Anger Mgt system
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:56:24 -0800
Customer service will get the AMS out to you today.
I am trying to get all custom pipes completed around the end of the month.
Thanks
Ronnie Hacker
On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 15:14:17 +0300, Deadanimal wrote
Ronnie,
Can you mail out the anger mgt system for me now, [WINDOWS-1252?][WINDOWS-1252?][UTF-8?]I’m going to upgrade my air cleaner and de-baffle the stock till the lake pipes are done. can you give me a ball park time frame on the system?
Thanks,
Daniel

Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 20:38
To: Daniel Georgianna
Subject: RE: Custom exhaust
Daniel:
Yes we are more than swamped, so we are somewhat behind schedule, but will get these done for you.
Most dealers will cover warranty on custom exhaust, every Harley & Victory dealership so far that we are aware of, have covered the warranty.
Thanks
Ronnie Hacker
On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 06:01:05 +0000, Daniel Georgianna wrote
Ronnie,
I imagine you've gotten pretty busy lately with new bikes and all and I'm in utter anticipation.
I can't wait to see the mock up pics.
I have a question about exhaust on new bikes and warranties. Have you ever had any issues with dealerships not honoring warranties from changing to custom fabed systems. Do you have any contacts with local dealerships or anything?
Thanks,
Daniel
----- End of Forwarded Message -------
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:00:51 -0800
Hi Daniel
I started bending the headpipes, I should have pictures for you in next week or so.
thanks
Ronnie Hacker
Hacker Custom Exhaust
www.hackercustomexhaust.com
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:25:20 +0000, Daniel Georgianna wrote
Ronnie,
Just checking in to see how the fabrication is going!
Thanks,
Daniel Georgianna
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:01:57 -0800
Daniel, you can either order online or phone in your order.
MIL discount does not apply to custom builds, I build all of our Custom exhaust and spend 15-30 hours on each one, plus chrome & ceramics are doubled in cost for any NON stock system.
Covers bolt on, so they are easily changed.
What I usually do is build the pipes to what I think looks best on the bike, then send you pictures, at that time if want a change then I can do it, then I finish the pipes. it takes approx. 4 weeks to build and get the pipes finished, depending upon how many custom builds I have.
thanks
Ronnie Hacker
Hacker Custom Exhaust
On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 06:10:17 +0000, Daniel Georgianna wrote
Ronnie,
Well I would like to place my order for the exhaust build and AMS. I figure the easiest way to send my CC info in is to place an order through the website for the AMS?
I see that you offer a military discount, just wondering if it applies to custom orders. Not a big deal if it does not I still want cool pipes!!
The covers are fine as is also, they bolt on right? Changing them later on down the road would not void the warranty would it, as it's a cover? Just curious.
I'm also debating with myself on whether or not the top/rear pipe should be the longer or shorter one. What would you suggest on that topic, would longer be better to get closer to equal length system for front and rear or does that really matter? You've built a lot more bikes than I have, and probably seen more too!
Thanks,
Daniel Georgianna
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 11:55:16 -0800
We can build very close to what you want, However lake pipe flanges & covers are already done. To machine out 2 lake pipe covers is going to add to the price as our machinist wants $100 apiece for just 2 lake covers.
We have a Softail here for 2 months to do do our Lake pipes, If you want Custom Lake pipes then you need to order befor Jan 10th. We already have a bunch of exhaust for Softails so once we do the Lake pipes then the bike is going back the dealer and we will be on to our next projects... Lake pipes, Zoomies, Mayhem and Medusa headers for the new Dyna's and Sportster models.
Thanks
Ronnie Hacker
Hacker Custom Exhaust
On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 12:07:18 +0000, Daniel Georgianna wrote
Ronnie,
I really suck at drawing but I attached my attempt! I really like the lake pipes and I am stuck on having 2 to 2 exhaust. I hope between my drawing and description you will see what I look I am trying to get. Basically I want the Medusa head pipes with the Lake tips ending closer to the rear axle and the pipes to be not completely horizontal or completely verticle to each other either but about half way inbetween. I hope that makes sense, I tried to portray in the drawing. I also like the caps on the tips like a flange but would like to open up the center and put some heavy guage wire mesh/screen in there maybe with a little domed shape to it.
As for the finish, I would like all black shields with the holes, silver satin finish for the caps with black screen, the visible end of the pipes to be black but the pipe under the heat shields to have silver satin finish to show through the holes like attached pic.
I have been looking up exhausts for over three months and have only just now come across your company, I do not know how that is but am glad I did, I found you through E-bay of all places.
> > > > > > > I'm stoked about this and hope it all works out, I get my bike in Feb and would love to have some sweet custom pipes round the same time, Please let me know what the possibilities are.
Daniel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: Custom exhaust
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 18:18:03 -0800
Daniel;
The Lake pipes retail for $799.00, these will be available sometime between Feb- March 2012, custom length pipes cost lots more, we charge $1200.00 for any custom pipes, this includes finish, most rider who want custom pipes come to us because of our expertise and cost, other manufacturers are in the $1700.00 + range, with quality that does not match ours.
Our Medusa and Mayhem are custom pipes at production pipe cost, these look really good, but it all comes down to want you want.
Let me know
Thanks
Ronnie Hacker
Hacker Custom Exhaust
On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 22:58:07 +0300, Deadanimal wrote
Hello,
I really like some of the exhaust systems that you have made! Would you be willing to make some modifications to suit my tastes and still be affordable? I’m getting my 12 fat boy lo, denim blk in Feb after I return from my deployment and would love to have a custom set up from the get-go, maybe along with your AMS. I like the Medusa and Mayhem pipes, even more, the custom lake pipes but I’m looking for longer (close to the back wheel/fender) pipes. I like the turn out tips on the lakes, but not so much on the other ones.
Please let me know if this is something we might be able to work.
Sincerely,
Daniel Georgianna