Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick disconnect saddle bags for Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:59 AM
ticket2ride
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick disconnect saddle bags for Fatboy

I want to put disconnect saddle bags on my 07 Fatboy, and when they are removed, you will not have any hardware left on the bike. One of the systems that I was interested in, is on the stock softail convertible. I want to use the Softail Convertible double docking post so I can still use the detachable back rest and have the option of the detachable bags. What I need to know is, can you purchase the receiving hardware that is on the back of the softail convertible bags to place on the leather bags that I currently have?

Thanks, Jack.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:45 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

You might be able to, you will probably have to go to your local dealer and have the parts guy look up the parts breakdown for you. If he will do that for you, look closely at the picture to make sure your bag will fit on that bracket. The Harley bag has a molded back to form around the bracket ect. and might not fit your bag without major modification.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:35 PM
ticket2ride
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped by the dealer and he did show me what was in the book. The double docking post for the CVO is a no brainer but the book didn't have any detailed pictures of the back of the bag and if the brackets could be sold seperately.

I don't mind modifying my bags or the brackets for the CVO bags, I just want a factory setup if possible, plus the CVO bags are waaaay too expensive.