Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another problem with ride wright

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:42 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Another problem with ride wright

well we finally got to install the ride wright wheel and guess what another problem to deal with. the wheel was installed and when you get to about 30 miles an hour there is a terrible vibration.back at the shop every thing was checked and there was a noise when the wheel was rotated it was determined that the wheel was the problem.first thing that came to mind was pegs bike and her problem. i was told the bearing is to tight and the wheel has to be machined and shim kit installed. when the axle is properly torqued the problem exists when backed off i guess its ok, Fortunately TNT motorsports is equipped to handle any problem and instead of having to send this wheel back and loose another week or two the work will be done here at the shop. I do not know if this is a common problem but its just one more added to the a already bad situation. I hope to be on the road tomorrow and hope all issues are done with amen

Old 08-26-2011, 01:03 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Damn, it just shouldn't be that difficult to get a set of custom wheels on our rides. Are their wheels designed in the states and manufactured in China or what? I've been riding and building since the 70's and have never experience, or even heard of such issues. Seems that it's real hit or miss with Ride Wright. I'm looking at getting a set of new customs too. But I'll be damned if I'm willing to take the Ride Wright crap-shoot!

Best wishes in getting your scoot back to good!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:20 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default ride wright

Right now that about sums it up a real crap shoot

Old 08-26-2011, 07:25 AM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nikon, did you get a tire from DB?

Old 08-26-2011, 09:27 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

I am delaying my Ride Wrights until these quality issued are well behind them. I don't want to spend that much money and then have to deal all the headaches AND lose riding time. SJ Ron

Old 08-26-2011, 09:29 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow. For those who want to know all of Ride Wrights rim and parts for the rims are manufactured right here in the USA, in Anaheim CA. Their shop is half water jets, CNC's etc. I wonder if one fo their gauges used for building the wheels is going bad or if they have someone new building the wheels? Like I always say, never had an issue with mine. If I were you I'd try to work it to your advantage and get and upgrade out of it or something.

Drew

Old 08-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Man!

I'm saving for a set of Ride Wrigths, but I think I'm going to go a different route. Doc gave me great prices, but I don't want to buy until I see some good stuff about them. It seems like everything thread that has Ride Wright in the title also has problem in it too!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:47 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know where you coming from Nicky, I too have had a great price given to me by Drew, and I was right on the edge of sending the dough, but getting these from the States to the UK, only to find problems would have me going mental, I know its not Drews fault, but I cant afford not to get it right first time, I think theres got to be some changes at RW, bad news travels fast.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:58 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Man, that just sux. Your bike is one of my favorite forum bikes, so I really hate to see you having all these issues. Best of luck getting it sorted out.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The funny thing is you never hear the success stories, only about the problems. I have sold hudnreds of sets of RW's without issue. Regardless, the decision is up to the buyer.

Drew

Quick Reply: Another problem with ride wright