Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beach Bars for 2011 Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 03:27 AM
yamensbs
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beach Bars for 2011 Deluxe

Hey All,
I am a new owner of a 2011 Deluxe from the middle east. Dubai to be more specific.
I want to install Beach Bars on my Deluxe. I am considering either the HD Beach Bars or Burley Beach Bars.
Did anyone install HD beach bars on their deluxe? As per HD Catalog, they don't fit. But I know a member who baught his bike that was fixed with the HD Bars.

Would the stock cables and risers work for the HD Beach Bars? Appreciate your help.

My local dealer here says that it wont but since someone got them installed on their harley, my dealer here must be wrong. I just need the cables\risers talk to be done so I can take it to them and have it installed.

Appreciate your help here..

Yamen

Old 09-27-2011, 04:39 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My homie alika, is going with burly bars and i think he has the hd beach bars on it right now bro. Check out my luxe in my photos his is going to look something like that at the end. What part of dubai do you stay at? I have been there a few times i usually go and stay at abu dhabi and go buy stuff in dubai.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:58 AM
yamensbs
Advanced

Hey Bobber.. I've been in touch with Alika. I have that same exact deluxe. he had the HD beach bars pre-installed so I think he might not know all the details in terms of cables \ risers (I'm just guessing here).

The Burley option sounds very tempting but I also need the works of the cabling and risers as I am no techie by any chance. I just need some one to tell me order this and that and I will work my way from there

I stay across from Dubai Marina. Right on your way to abu dhabi. PM me if you are around. We could hang out.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yamensbs
hey bobber.. I've been in touch with alika. I have that same exact deluxe. He had the hd beach bars pre-installed so i think he might not know all the details in terms of cables \ risers (i'm just guessing here).

the burley option sounds very tempting but i also need the works of the cabling and risers as i am no techie by any chance. I just need some one to tell me order this and that and i will work my way from there

i stay across from dubai marina. Right on your way to abu dhabi. Pm me if you are around. We could hang out.
orale sounds good bro, just have him measure his bars if not im sure dr. Vtwin will let you know what size. Sorry i only really know about ape hangers bro. You guys in dubai have some crazy choppers but lack when it comes to tricked out hds ive only seen a few good looking ones around there.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the HD bars are 1 1/4 in the riser area just buy some 1 1/4 risers from Ebay...there are some nice options. You need at leat 1.5 height if you want to put covers on the fork tube nuts on top. Then you need to get either a set of chrome riser bushing covers or the HD poly bushings that come with the chrome top since you will now see this after removing the stock riser.

For cables +4 inches will work. You can get those from Dr. V twin for around $300 or you can get them at the HD dealer but it will cost you.

I have the Burley Beach and they are really comfortable, the Bikini's wouldnt have been big enough for me. I really dig the nostalgia vibe and they look great on Deluxes.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I almost forgot, you might need to lengthen the wires too. Buy a harness extender kit from ebay. All of the wire colors match stock and they come with deutch pins pre installed. Just pull the terminals from the plugs, plug the extension on for each of the wires and then shrink sleeve them together with the supplied shrink tubing and plug them back into the connector. This part will be more difficult than changing risers, the plugs are under the tank.

Im not sure if you need to lengthen the harness on the HD bars though so maybe someone else can chime in.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I can get you everything you need. Here is a good pic of the Burly beach bars. This bike previously had the Harley bars and the Burly's look much better in my opinion. If yowu ant to run the Harley bars all you need is a set of risers for 1.25" bars as the Harley bars are not stepped down for the risers. Email me at DREW@DRVTWIN,com and I will get a list of parts and pricing together for you.

Drew

Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Drew. Are they 36 or 39 Samsons?

Old 09-27-2011, 09:19 AM
HARLEY119
3rd Gear

My brother in law put a nice set of beach bars on his harley, They look sick check them out here-
<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=honda119-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=B001JSW5EG&ref=tf_til&fc1=0 00000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000 000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Old 09-27-2011, 12:36 PM
yamensbs
Advanced

Honestly speaking I didn't get much of what Motwon said (Sorry man but I guess I am not that technical) I know what I want looks wise. How to get there is what I lack

I will email Drew and see how that could workout for us.

Today I removed the stock rack and the extra seat and man that bike looked sexier than ever. Too bad my order on the VmH Double Barrell is taking so much time. Although I am all in for fishtails, but they just dont provide that deep rumble.

Who has Beach bars on his 20111 Deluxe? thats the questions!

Quick Reply: Beach Bars for 2011 Deluxe