Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best way to clean black denim

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:40 AM
timpane
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I manage my two wheeler with it and it has had no sick sway on the decorate at all. It does blacken it up a bit and makes it burst just a bit more while still sustaining that pleasant satin/flat very dark look.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jester750
I have been washing mine with a car washing soap that is spottless using that Mr.Clean car washing gismo.
Then I dry it down with my leaf blower.
It has worked great for almost 2 years.

It's quick and easy. That's why I went with the denim black. I want to ride it, not idolize it with a weekly obligatory 4 hour wash and polish every weekend. But that's just me.

This is what I used to use on my Bones and it works amazing with the denim paint. Unfortunately they stopped making that stuff...or at least they stopped selling the soap and filters in my area. The last time I was able to get it was at Big Lots (close-out store) and after that it went away all together. Next best thing is simple soap and water and a quick towel dry. I just took off my front fender after 3 years and almost 26K miles and I am amazed at how flawless it still looks. Like you said; I rather ride mine than powder its nose.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:58 PM
OldCoddger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any good car wash soap, rinse good and blow dry with the leaf blower, when it really needs a bath. Windex with ammoina and a microfiber towel when it just needs some touch-up. Really like the low maintainance of the denim black.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 PM
moog5050
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Windex

Old 10-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
This is what I used to use on my Bones and it works amazing with the denim paint. Unfortunately they stopped making that stuff...or at least they stopped selling the soap and filters in my area. The last time I was able to get it was at Big Lots (close-out store) and after that it went away all together. Next best thing is simple soap and water and a quick towel dry. I just took off my front fender after 3 years and almost 26K miles and I am amazed at how flawless it still looks. Like you said; I rather ride mine than powder its nose.
Skeezmachine,
They still sell it around here.
That picture is from Amazon.com, they have plenty of it.
You can also use any liquid car soap in it.
I have used the kind that is spotless and it works just as well in it.
As far as the filter for it needing a replacement. Mine is still going strong after 2 years. I only wash the bike with it so it doesn't use half as much water through it as a car and should last at least twice as long.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

Thought U guys bought them so U wouldn't have to clean them.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:15 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I just use Windex. Lemon Pledge? Wow, I wish I could see how that works. I have never washed it with soap and water in two years and it looks showroom new.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:30 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Glass cleaner here!

Old 10-20-2011, 06:48 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

window cleaner, without ammonia, once in a while i use the harley denim cleaner.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:52 PM
jtb4ever
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow love all the feedback . the lemon pledge has me rollin on the floor laughin not that i dont believe you it just sounded funny. i do have the mr clean wash bought some filters on ebay. i def bought this paint fo low maint, haven said that i do like a clean bike!!!. i think i got the idea u guys r great i appreciate all the options

Quick Reply: best way to clean black denim