Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking For New Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:59 PM
pookiehut
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For New Wheels

I need a little help with choosing new wheels for FB and this is the best place I know to get info. I like the spoked wheels from HD Wheels but am unsure how the color will look. Does anyone have an opinion or pics of white/ivory wheels. I don't mind the chrome wheels but I just want something a bit different in color and lacing.

Thanks

http://hdwheels.com/images/40-60_Spo...vory%20Rim.jpg

Old 11-11-2011, 06:46 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think those would look nice. I'm thinking about changing my wheels sometime soon, thinking on going machined this time (currently rolling fat spoked RWW)... I've always loved these from Arlen Ness, pretty pricey, prolly that is why never seen them on a bike round here.

Called "crossbones"

Old 11-11-2011, 06:53 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mimo
I think those would look nice. I'm thinking about changing my wheels sometime soon, thinking on going machined this time (currently rolling fat spoked RWW)... I've always loved these from Arlen Ness, pretty pricey, prolly that is why never seen them on a bike round here.

Called "crossbones"

I saw these on a Biker Build-Off on Discovery channel. They.came out sooo badass!! They even said on the show these are rare! Nobody has em yet.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:07 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by socal yankee
I saw these on a Biker Build-Off on Discovery channel. They.came out sooo badass!! They even said on the show these are rare! Nobody has em yet.
I ran a quick search on google, a set came out mounted in a bike from the HDForums! Look in the touring section, the thread called "the non official 21" front wheel "or something like that, too bad they are on a tourer which hides half the investment!!! Not a bad way to toss 5k total.

Mimo.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:10 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pookiehut
I need a little help with choosing new wheels for FB and this is the best place I know to get info. I like the spoked wheels from HD Wheels but am unsure how the color will look. Does anyone have an opinion or pics of white/ivory wheels. I don't mind the chrome wheels but I just want something a bit different in color and lacing.

Thanks

http://hdwheels.com/images/40-60_Spo...vory%20Rim.jpg
Unless you've painted your bags to match your tins, the ivory rims are gonna look like ****.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:55 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

On your bike i think that white will look out of place on the rims as there is no white on the bike at all. Mabye chrome rims and white spoeks but that has the same pitfall. If you had a deluxe with white and anotehr color for the paint I'd say go for it. Maybe a chrome rim and black cherry spokes?

Drew

Old 11-12-2011, 01:24 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mimo .... Still not made it to the Ness building in Dublin yet? .... I would love those Bones wheels as i have said to you before but short of him reducing the price for mortals i cant see $5000 leaving my hand for 2 wheels!

Old 11-12-2011, 03:08 AM
caaraa
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Valuable thoughts and advices. I read your topic with great interest.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:56 AM
roadkingharry
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

I agree that the ivory white would look out of place. I would just go with a 40 spoke rear wheel to match the current front wheel, or depending on budget, replace both wheels and go with chrome rim, 40 fat spokes powder coated to match your tins, black chrome nipples, black chrome hubs.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:09 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkingharry
I agree that the ivory white would look out of place. I would just go with a 40 spoke rear wheel to match the current front wheel, or depending on budget, replace both wheels and go with chrome rim, 40 fat spokes powder coated to match your tins, black chrome nipples, black chrome hubs.
Ditto on that.

On the forum here the Ridewright fat spokes are pretty common but where I live I have not seen them on any bikes.....I have loved the look of those wheels since fist seeing them and best feature is the ability to custom order in any color combo you desire.

Quick Reply: Looking For New Wheels