Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats my bike worth??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 09:40 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000FiveOh
I wouldn't use NADA as a gauge to price a bike for sale. A 5 year old Chevy truck, sure. But, these bikes have a weird market. I think someone would pay more for a Harley that they fall in love with more-so than a cage, when making a purchase.

The way these bikes sell, if NADA said 7k today for a 2003, a seller could get damn near that same price 5 years from now, for the same clean bike, selling to a private party. Very seldom do you see a Harley for sale under 6K, regardless of the age, unless it's just a total pile of crap. They seem to hold value better long-term.
Granted NADA may be crap, but if you have a buyer who is going to finance, which I'd venture to say most folks will finance, their financial institute is going to base the amount of what they will loan on the NADA value. That was my point in my earlier post.

Doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean that you must start out asking the NADA price. As previously posted, put it out there for what "you" want for it and see what happens. You have nothing to lose.

Being what it is you have, 100th anniversary, numbered paint etc, I too think it'd should bring more than book value, but unless you find a cash buyer or someone with extra cash to put out above their loan amount, you may want to hang on it to it for a while.

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 12-05-2011 at 09:44 PM.