Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zanotti Closing

Old 12-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Man In Black
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Zanotti Closing

Was just in Zanotti Harley Davidson in Butler,Pa. so I can verify that they are definately going out of business. They have it posted on their sign out in front of the store and have signs inside saying all sales are final, no returns. They will surely be missed . Andy was a great guy to deal with but obviously he wants to retire. I was told that Harley won't let them transfer to a new owner because they also sell other brands, so the place is shutting down. Just another reason to hate the arrogance of Harley Motors. After a lifetime of family ownership with the Zanotti family, the business being passed down from Andy's father, the motor company stabs him in the back.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:27 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That sucks. I really like doing business with them.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:59 AM
roadkingharry
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Tha's a shame. We just had a dealer on the other side of the state close. Crossroads HD in Allentown, Pa closed up about 3 months ago.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The online group will be moving to another dealership offering the same deals soon. Stay tuned......

Old 12-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Neekster
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just about to order forward controls for my Fat Boy Lo from Zanotti. Do you all think it's still safe to order from them? Would hate for my order to not be processed/shipped before they close. Would never get my money back at that point. What do you guys think?

Old 12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be worried about an order from them now. I used them many times and will miss them.

You might try here, I will next time I need parts.
http://www.surdyke.com/

Old 12-10-2011, 11:54 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 812 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by Neekster
I was just about to order forward controls for my Fat Boy Lo from Zanotti. Do you all think it's still safe to order from them? Would hate for my order to not be processed/shipped before they close. Would never get my money back at that point. What do you guys think?
It'd still be safe if they have the parts in stock.
Stated above that their on-line sales will move to another store, but if they are out of stock U'r money could be tied up for a while.

UNLESS they'll refund the $$ if out of stock,,

It's Be wise to make sure U know how they are going to handle it in either case before sending the coin...

Old 12-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Harley is consolidating the dealer ranks...they just revoked the franchise from one of the small dealers here that was in a smaller older store that didnt look like one of their shrines to modern day corporate greed and opulent posturing.

Proud to say I dont own a single piece of apparel that says HD on it...who needs a $40 T-shirt anyway.

At least the bike is engineered and assembled by honorable American working class people. That was the draw for me.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:23 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan
I'd be worried about an order from them now. I used them many times and will miss them.

You might try here, I will next time I need parts.
http://www.surdyke.com/
I just placed an order with them a week ago Friday, the new tank badges I ordered showed up this Friday. $66.00, everywhere else was 109.00.

They will be missed!

Old 12-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an order through them canceled the other day because they aren't taking credit card orders anymore. It's too bad because I also liked doing business with them. The 20% off, along with putting the parts on myself, made using genuine HD parts a lot more economical. I ended up ordering the sissy bar package through Surdyke's online store. They are also really good people to deal with although they are a little more expensive then Zanotti's was.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zanotti Closing