Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really frustrated with my 2012 Fat Boy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 01:15 PM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I am getting one
telling the old lady thats what I want for xmas!
video is well done
talked me right into it
does it play mp3's?
can I check email with it?
hehehe
I hope it works like they say it does.
why can't gps and mp3's be integrated into this?
make 1 screen that attends to everything
I am going to be running around with 3 video screens soon gps, ipod, tuner.
visions of peewee hermans bicycle are haunting me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHk1...layer_embedded

Old 12-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Neekster
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, adding a power commander will not void your warranty....unless there are obvious signs of sever engine damage and it can be traced to improper tuning. I confirmed this with my local dealer (which I purchased the bike from). I heard great things about the PC5 and really have my sights set on getting one. I also am sold on the V&H Big Radius 2-1 exhaust. I love the beefy-ness of it and think it goes really well with the Fat Boy Lo's theme. I have not found other pipes that fit the bike's personality as well.

So, I guess I will just have to wait....but forward controls will be a must! I hate feeling like I am sitting on the toilet when riding this bike. lol :-)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Neekster

Old 12-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Neekster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mrnone
I am getting one
telling the old lady thats what I want for xmas!
video is well done
talked me right into it
does it play mp3's?
can I check email with it?
hehehe
I hope it works like they say it does.
why can't gps and mp3's be integrated into this?
make 1 screen that attends to everything
I am going to be running around with 3 video screens soon gps, ipod, tuner.
visions of peewee hermans bicycle are haunting me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHk1...layer_embedded
According to the video: "This product will work on any Harley (with Delphi ECM)". The 2012 Fat Boy Lo (and other softail models) do NOT use Delphi ECM anymore. Harley has switched for the first time ever (I believe) to Bosch ECM units. So, this product will not work on my bike....bummer!! :-(

Neekster

Old 12-13-2011, 03:23 PM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Neekster
According to the video: "This product will work on any Harley (with Delphi ECM)". The 2012 Fat Boy Lo (and other softail models) do NOT use Delphi ECM anymore. Harley has switched for the first time ever (I believe) to Bosch ECM units. So, this product will not work on my bike....bummer!! :-(

Neekster
Fuel moto says they have released them for 2012s now

Old 12-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Neekster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2012Fatso
Fuel moto says they have released them for 2012s now
Yes they have but.....not all 2012 Softail models have the new Bosch ECM. The Power Vision is ONLY available for the 2012 models with the Delphi ECM as stated on their website. The 2012 Fat Boy Lo has the new Bosch ECM. Therefore the one that is out now for 2012 will not work on the Fat Boy Lo.

The product looks super cool!! I probably wouldn't know what to do with most of the features....probably hit a tree while playing around with the screen. lol

Neekster

Old 12-14-2011, 05:47 AM
MikeZ
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Not sure if you like 'em or not, but the V&H BSS in black are available for the 2012 Softails, according to V&H's website. They look great on the Lo. I have the BSS Chrome on my 2012 Heritage and I am pleased with them. You can always go with the SE Pro Tuner, which of course is available now.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:46 AM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Neekster
Yes they have but.....not all 2012 Softail models have the new Bosch ECM. The Power Vision is ONLY available for the 2012 models with the Delphi ECM as stated on their website. The 2012 Fat Boy Lo has the new Bosch ECM. Therefore the one that is out now for 2012 will not work on the Fat Boy Lo.

The product looks super cool!! I probably wouldn't know what to do with most of the features....probably hit a tree while playing around with the screen. lol

Neekster
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/fuel-...available.html

Old 12-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Neekster
Intermediate

Interesting.........So, can you Dyno this unit?? Or do you have to use one of their supplied maps and play around with it?

Neekster

Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 AM
fdb2007
Road Master

Here's a couple of thoughts in a different direction: Your in PA, if you have a day when it's nice or marginally nice, or at least dry, just ride the thing instead of fretting over aftermarket mods. If you can't ride it due to wx put a cover on it and don't worry about it. There will be plenty of companies with their hands in your wallet soon enough. Patience, grasshopper

Old 12-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Neekster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fdb2007
Here's a couple of thoughts in a different direction: Your in PA, if you have a day when it's nice or marginally nice, or at least dry, just ride the thing instead of fretting over aftermarket mods. If you can't ride it due to wx put a cover on it and don't worry about it. There will be plenty of companies with their hands in your wallet soon enough. Patience, grasshopper
I know I know....BUT, I plan on shipping the bike down to Miami in March (doing a Miami to Key West ride with my 3 older brothers). Which means I only have 2 or so months to get this stuff done. Otherwise I would do what you suggested......ride when possible and keep it covered when not. :-)

Neekster

Quick Reply: Really frustrated with my 2012 Fat Boy Lo