Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really frustrated with my 2012 Fat Boy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Neekster
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Really frustrated with my 2012 Fat Boy Lo

Ok, So I've owned my 2012 Fat Boy Lo for 2 months now and pulling my hair over the lack of upgrades out for it. Between Harley changing the location and size of the 02 sensors to them changing their ECM entirely (from Delphi to Bosch) there are very few upgrades I can do to the bike. I am dying to get a set of V&H Big Radius 2-1 pipes but they are not out yet. They are saying at least another 2-4 months. I also want to add a Power Commander V but again, they are working on making it for my bike and probably won't be out for another 2-3 months. A set of forward controls are going to be tough to put on because EVERY shop is telling me they will hit the front fender on the "Lo" but 2 forum members here have them installed and do not have any issues. I am hesitant on making the purchase because I do not want to be out of $500-$600 if it doesn't work.

Anyone else feel the same way? Any solutions to these issues?

Thanks, Neekster

Old 12-13-2011, 09:50 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

same issue with the switchback I bought.
nothing is available.
vance and hines just introduced a tuner, real expensive batwing available and a supertrapp/HD slip on
thats it for now
going to have to sell a bunch of them before they will have many options available.
curious to what a 2013 switchback is going to have on it.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 AM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

You ca use the exhaust off the older bikes. I have a 2012 lo as well and used the o2 extender and port adapters for my bassani road rage. Pm dr.vtwin he can get you hooked up!

Old 12-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Neekster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2012Fatso
You ca use the exhaust off the older bikes. I have a 2012 lo as well and used the o2 extender and port adapters for my bassani road rage. Pm dr.vtwin he can get you hooked up!
True, I can work around retrofitting older pipes but I will not be able to install a Power Commander yet....which means the bike will most likely run horribly. I'm still forced to wait. :-(

Neekster

Old 12-13-2011, 10:34 AM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neekster
True, I can work around retrofitting older pipes but I will not be able to install a Power Commander yet....which means the bike will most likely run horribly. I'm still forced to wait. :-(

Neekster
Get the PowerVision instead.. it's even better than the Power Commander.. according to DynoJet it's now available for 2012's

http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/Default.aspx

Old 12-13-2011, 10:39 AM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better check with your local dealer about the Power Commander and your warranty. I went with the SE tuner and might change to another one later after the warranty runs out.

Brand new bike and they changed the motor in the 2012's. So it is going to be a little while before the mods start hitting the market.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:42 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow bummer what ive found from having a bike that no one makes parts for, nuthing from hd catalog would fit etc. etc. is that most everyone telling me it wont fit is BULL SH*T
merry Christmas

Old 12-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rush has full systems and slip-ons currently available for the 2012 Fat Boy Lo.
http://www.rushracingproducts.com/so...ullsystem.html

Please let me know if anyone would like more info.
-Ryan

Old 12-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Dang, it's going to be an extra long winter for ya....

Old 12-13-2011, 11:42 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by KeeBee
Better check with your local dealer about the Power Commander and your warranty. I went with the SE tuner and might change to another one later after the warranty runs out.

Brand new bike and they changed the motor in the 2012's. So it is going to be a little while before the mods start hitting the market.
Unless you went with the "Street Tuner" you violated the warranty no different than using a TTS,PC, etc.

Bottom line as long as the mod did not directly cause the problem most good dealers will get you covered.

Go to Fuel Motos site and check out the Power Vision, the model that will work with the new softails is available now. IMO its a very easy tuner to use, dont have to piggyback it on the bike just flash and go. If you want to get into auto tuning it can data log and help you to self tune without a dyno. Also works as a code reader and gauge set if you want to mount it.

Quick Reply: Really frustrated with my 2012 Fat Boy Lo