Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Adjustable" 360 Highway Pegs on Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 12:47 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default "Adjustable" 360 Highway Pegs on Heritage

Here are photos of my highway pegs and "adjustable" 360 degree mounting kit. What they don't tell you up front is that they're adjustable, so long as you don't mind turning a wrench each time you need to make an adjustment. I can't slip my foot down there, or grab it with my hand and make a quick motion to change. It requires tools.

Installation was a biotch!!! For something as simple as this (so I thought), it took a while to push the peg in and hold the "D" shaped ring in place. Didn't "just slide into place" as the instructions imply. Took some muscle and coersion.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pccoder/6576348909/http://www.flickr.com/photos/pccoder/6576348909/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/pccoder/, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pccoder/6576343941/http://www.flickr.com/photos/pccoder/6576343941/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/pccoder/, on Flickr

Old 12-26-2011, 06:39 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, Im with you on that. I bet it took me 2 hrs to install the engine guard and hwy pegs. i didnt get the 360 adjust, just the 180. But I did have the same problem getting the D ring to line up with the peg and the hole in the bracket. That is one tight fit. When you pound on the peg to get it in, the D ring moves ever so slightly. Then you cant get the damn bolt in. I like to think Im not an idiot, and it took a dozen tries each side to get things lined up properly. Im thinking that there is no reason for it to be that frign tight. Just sayin

Old 12-26-2011, 08:20 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one to have so much trouble with it. Appreciate the response.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:38 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

dont even get me started on the baggertail mounts that Im attempting to install...took me 2 hours to get the stripped chrome allenhead bolt out of the forward detachable luggage rack. Now I need a chrome mushroom headed allen bolt that comes with the $100 luggage rack hardware kit only. But I guess if it were cheap and easy, everyone would ride a Harley huh?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:11 AM
tmilo1000
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the same issue with installing the pegs and D washer. I used some WD 40, emery cloth on the D washer and a rubber mallet. Still tough to get in, but I didn't have to fight for two hours.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:33 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

I went without the crash bar and put on the markIV pegs. Not a bad install, but I ended up having to buy a few extra parts to get my feet where I wanted them. Like the look of your setup, I just never was much for the crash bars myself... Oh, can't help but notice you forgot to take the reflectors off your forks while you were down there... lol

Old 12-18-2012, 05:34 AM
LivToRideBlei
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice setup, I have the exact same foot controls on my 08 Fatboy. I just added the 360's and although installaion was a breeze, I'm having a heck of a time figuring out where to set them. I am 5'7 and just cant seem to find that sweet spot on location, angle, pitch... etc! Checked out the album your pics came from and noticed in a couple of the pictures, you have swung the arms back towards the floorboards quite a bit and changed the peg angle. I like the way that looks. Going to try that next.
Not sure what this issue about the "D" ring is, I aligned mine with a ice pick before I inserted the bolt and it worked fine.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:02 AM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 595 Posts

I had a set; they were a mo*********r to install. I never could get them set just right so to the classifieds they went. I never really liked the "ready for a pelvic exam" look anyway...

Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

When I was looking for pegs I remember seeing those but passed as they looked a little to "busy" for me. Glad I did now.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by BassCatcher
When I was looking for pegs I remember seeing those but passed as they looked a little to "busy" for me. Glad I did now.
I put non-adjustable pegs on the highway bar. I realized that once I found the correct placement, I would have no reason to adjust it.

With their current placement, I can place my heels on the footboard and toes on the highway pegs, I can place my feet on the pegs as they were meant to be used or I can place the back of my ankles on them to stretch my legs out straight. That's the extent of my "adjustments".

2012 Heritage
Name:  Oldschool-Leftside_zpsbc477866.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  82.3 KB

Quick Reply: "Adjustable" 360 Highway Pegs on Heritage