Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 FLSTC Hi Low Beam Switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 02:48 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

No problem, let me know how it turns out, I might try it myself...

Old 01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Aborigen2
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarineGAU
Good question! I just went and checked it out. It will stay in which ever position the switch is selected to even if shut-off and restarted. Just wondering though, is'nt there more current draw when starting the engine with the lights selected to Hi beam? I always shut off my aux lights and make sure Low beam is selected when starting and then turn on the aux lights after up and running. On the Heritage, the aux lights are on either side next to the head light and they go off anytime Hi beam is selected ( as far as I know this is how it is suppose to work). I like having the aux lights on anytime I am driving just to help those cagers see me.
On your bike the head lights automatically go off when you are cranking the engine – this leaves more battery juice to the starter motor.
Once you release the start button or engine fires up your lights automatically come on again. Same thing goes for your AUX Lights – they automatically turn OFF during cranking

There is not much difference in the current draw between the Low beam and the High beam bulb, it is just half an amp. The location of the bulb filament relative to the reflector’s focal point is what determines the light pattern, not the wattage of the bulb.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:08 AM
RMB
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving lights mod

MarineGAU
Where did you find the mod for the driving lights? What thread?