Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Softail Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.

P

Old 01-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Road Captain
leoblast1
Default Springer front end conversion

Hi there....I have a 2011 Softail Deluxe. I'm thinking about doing a springer front end conversion (similar to the Softail Springer Classic).

Does anybody know or have a parts list on what parts are necessary?? Or is there a thread or know somebody that has done it?

BLASTONERSKI
2011 Springer Deluxe
Follow me on Instagram @leoblast1
Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Road Warrior

Got to scour eBay and Craigslist to get a springer front end and fender. Should be less than $2k (plus paint) if you get the front end complete (get the front caliper, risers and headlight/passing lights too). The earlier Heritage Springer front ends (chrome) should work as well. Make sure to put in all new steering-head bearings/races when you do the swap.

I'm not sure, but the Crossbones unit may work too. Someone in here could tell you if that is so...

2001 FLSTSI
Old 01-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Senior Rider

+1 w/ Dave. Look for a stock H-D front end on Clist or eBay. I've read some complaints on here from some guys who have got one of the cheaper aftermarket ones from places like DNA. No matter what you decide, if you get one with the mono-shock (Progressive makes a good one too), it makes the ride less bouncy.

2007 FLSTSC
Old 01-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Prospect

The X-bones frontend is that same as Heritage Springer and Springer Classic, but you will need the HS or SC fender. I think a Deluxe with springer frontend would be a bad *** looking bike! Go for it!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Hang Around

last month at the Long Beach bike swap meet I saw 3 diferent springer front ends and I think they were all under 800$ its a bit of a trip for ya but worth a try its on the 27th this month
Old 01-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Road Captain
leoblast1

Thanks SprungDave. I do want the OEM H-D Springer fork that was used on the 2005-2007 Springer Classic. Thanks I'll definitely check out CL and eBay....If you see one for sale, let me know.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprungDave View Post
Got to scour eBay and Craigslist to get a springer front end and fender. Should be less than $2k (plus paint) if you get the front end complete (get the front caliper, risers and headlight/passing lights too). The earlier Heritage Springer front ends (chrome) should work as well. Make sure to put in all new steering-head bearings/races when you do the swap.

I'm not sure, but the Crossbones unit may work too. Someone in here could tell you if that is so...

BLASTONERSKI
2011 Springer Deluxe
Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Road Captain
leoblast1

No, I don't want the DNA. I'd rather go with the H-D brand. The parts guy from my dealership said, H-D stopped making them. So I'd have to look for a used one. Thanks for the feedback Vikingur!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingur View Post
+1 w/ Dave. Look for a stock H-D front end on Clist or eBay. I've read some complaints on here from some guys who have got one of the cheaper aftermarket ones from places like DNA. No matter what you decide, if you get one with the mono-shock (Progressive makes a good one too), it makes the ride less bouncy.

BLASTONERSKI
2011 Springer Deluxe
Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Road Captain
leoblast1

Yes thanks 97 HeritageSpringer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97HeritageSpringer View Post
The X-bones frontend is that same as Heritage Springer and Springer Classic, but you will need the HS or SC fender. I think a Deluxe with springer frontend would be a bad *** looking bike! Go for it!

BLASTONERSKI
2011 Springer Deluxe
Old 01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

HD still has all the parts the last time I checked,but that
's the way you have to buy. About 3200.for all the pieces. There is an FX one in the softy parts section on here that was listed a few days ago.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Road Captain
leoblast1

Oh really? How long ago was it? My dealer said they stopped making them since 2010...like WTF? They're really stupid over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back again View Post
HD still has all the parts the last time I checked,but that
's the way you have to buy. About 3200.for all the pieces. There is an FX one in the softy parts section on here that was listed a few days ago.

BLASTONERSKI
2011 Springer Deluxe
Old 01-20-2012, 12:53 AM

P