Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 05:51 PM
chap!
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your sure moving along now! All looking good! Chrome front & rear end looks mint Bro! You Glad you went with the chrome Swinger? Can't wait to see all your next pic's!
Well done bro!

Those pic's bring back memories of mine fully stripped, seems along time ago now!

Oh & you are joking about new reflectors?

did you forget to order a new set of fork reflectors?
The reflectors are on backorder, go figure!! LOL I've definitely learned not many places stock parts so everything is always a week or two of agonizing waiting.

Last edited by chap!; 01-29-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:16 PM
elbohead
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This just might be the best thread ever...stay tuned...

Old 01-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chrome is a reflector!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:54 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn that swingarm looks good. Man, you are throwing some serious greenbacks into that sled. You going to save some mods for next winter? lol

BTW: Please don't mess up those chrome lowers with reflectors!!!!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 PM
truckin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good

Old 01-28-2012, 07:40 PM
chiefe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks sweet, keep them pics coming.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:27 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default bike

well Nc your on your way to a great looking bike. listening to all the mods your doing it made me realize how much i done to mine over the years. in time you seem to forget about it. I bought mine brand new in sept of 04 and its been steady spending ever since just when you think your done for good someone comes up with something you just have to have. I was sitting here thinking finally i can spend some money on something else but I now believe its time for cam tensioners and while were in there new lifters o yea maybe change out the 257 cams for a set of 204's dam there goes another 1200 or so. IT never ends because we love these bikes with a passion. Good luck with all you do now and in the future Harleys rule

Old 01-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Way to go brotha!!! It's looking good and a big congrats for doing the work yourself... Keep us posted..

Old 01-28-2012, 11:31 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, I haven't kept up with everyone's responses. So if I missed replying to some of your initial comments I'll try to catch up. And thank you all for the positive comments.

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Dig that swing arm bro...nice!

Tapping tranny holes...that just dont sound right
Motown thanks bro! It was very well done, the prep is definitely obvious and the quality looks awesome. The grease I used to lub the tap up was stinky too! LOL

Originally Posted by socal yankee
HAHAHA! You totally beat me to that one...
Nyce work, NC'D....
Comin together real nyce!!!
Lookin forward to seeing the finished pics and you rydin the heck outta her!

That one sounded pretty good too
SoCal thanks! I can't wait to get her back on the ground and hear some new sounds and check out the new suspension.

Originally Posted by chap!
Your sure moving along now! All looking good! Chrome front & rear end looks mint Bro! You Glad you went with the chrome Swinger? Can't wait to see all your next pic's!
Well done bro!

Those pic's bring back memories of mine fully stripped, seems along time ago now!

Chap Thanks bro! Things are starting to come, I mean chrome together! I'm waiting on a few more parts to come in this coming week and I've got to STOP for now!! LOL I'm starting to think the swingarm is going to be sweet with the front end being chromed now. I want to see what it looks like when it's all back together before casting my final vote. lol

Originally Posted by elbohead
This just might be the best thread ever...stay tuned...
elbohead thanks bro! There are a lot that came before me that are deep down in the archives. I've spent so much time reading back through them the last few weeks my eyes are literally hurting from looking at this damn computer!! lol

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Chrome is a reflector!

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
Damn that swingarm looks good. Man, you are throwing some serious greenbacks into that sled. You going to save some mods for next winter? lol

BTW: Please don't mess up those chrome lowers with reflectors!!!!

Originally Posted by truckin
looking good
truckin thanks!

Originally Posted by chiefe
Looks sweet, keep them pics coming.
chiefe appreciate it bro!

Originally Posted by nikonf8
well Nc your on your way to a great looking bike. listening to all the mods your doing it made me realize how much i done to mine over the years. in time you seem to forget about it. I bought mine brand new in sept of 04 and its been steady spending ever since just when you think your done for good someone comes up with something you just have to have. I was sitting here thinking finally i can spend some money on something else but I now believe its time for cam tensioners and while were in there new lifters o yea maybe change out the 257 cams for a set of 204's dam there goes another 1200 or so. IT never ends because we love these bikes with a passion. Good luck with all you do now and in the future Harleys rule
nikon - Your one of the ones to blame for this madness I'm suffering!!!!! LOL Your right, I can see how it never ends! Even with everything I've done and will wrap in the next couple of weeks, there are still so many other things before even busting the lock on the internals. Even while out in the garage today I'm thinking of the things still left to do! LOL With only 1,800 miles I'm "trying" to hold off on the internal performance mods (lol), so please don't get my minding to wondering about the endless possibilities with performance setups. LOL

Originally Posted by Santo
Way to go brotha!!! It's looking good and a big congrats for doing the work yourself... Keep us posted..
Santo thanks bro! With the labor cost what they are, I couldn't have done all this if I had to pay someone for sure!

Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kozy22
Is there a bike in there somewhere.

Can't wait to see the progress
It's starting to come together brother! I can't wait to see yours in the coming weeks too!

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
gotta love a well laid plan huh? Hurry up and get that thing back together so you can come out here and help me with my stuff haha. She's gonna be sick bro. You'll be showin them rednecks out there whats up. Cant wait to see it go back together
Thanks bro! You come out and help install my windows bro and I'll ride out there to help you! LMAO

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Good deal Dude!! A bike is just a bike UNTIL you make it your's! We all know that here, and there is only one way to make it yours and that is an idea or a picture in your head with time, patiance, a list and money! I wish you could have snapped a picture of the OL's face when she popped her head out the door, those are ALWAYS pricless moments! Good luck Dude and I give you credit for tearing into it yourself. We all also know that no one cares for our bikes like we care for our own, that goes without saying and there is NOTHING worse then getting your bike back with percieved improvments only to find stuff ain't right, scratched and runs like crap, that is just the WORST feeling! I have been investing in tools once again as much as I have been investing in my bike and it's mod's so that I too can do more wrenching on my own scooter. My Son and his friends, well lets just say with all thier dirt riding adventures my tools slowly, 1 by 1 started ending up misssing in action. I now have a new tool rule, they are under lock and key and HANDS OFF G@#* dang it! Not 1 of my tools are to leave my property, PERIOD, end of story! It's gonna look sweet when your done Dude and you will be very proud of yourself for doing it too.
Tony - I know bro, I wish I'd have been able to capture her expression, it definitely was priceless. I mean the look of shock on her face and my feeling like a child who just got busted playing with something!! LMAO I know what you mean about the tools! I hate when I have to go searching for my tools...and know I can only imagine how bad I used to **** my dad off when I'd leave his tools everywhere after doing a motor swap or something. I used to just think he was grumpy, but damn, how I understand now! LOL

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Very rewarding to DIY.
Thanks bro, it's awesome! Very therapeutic lol

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Youve got the bug Sean, really bad man,
Its gonna look great,
Ive come to a decision on mine, and decided that I'm going to get it painted, and its going to cost me more than I was wanting to pay, but after spending so much on it up to this point, it would be crazy to ruin it with a cheap paint job.
The place I'm using will come and pick my bike up, strip it, paint it, and rebuild it. and deliver it back to me.
I have spare tins, so they are going to paint them and fit them, and give me back my black cherry originals.
Another one to blame for my madness!!! LMAO Thanks for all your help bro! I can't wait to see your paint, it's going to be sic. Paint was the one thing I'm glad I haven't allowed myself to cheat my plan. I came really close, but I am going to put it off until I can collect an extra set of tins too. Not that I really think mine will ever be worth much from a collectible stand point, but I'd just like to keep the originals, original. But then again, had I only known my 1967 Camaro would be worth thousands today I'd have never sold it for $300 when I went in the Army years ago. LOL

Originally Posted by 09heritagerider
WOW! Your Deluxe is gonna look great after its transformation! The satisfaction you will have from doing it yourself will be well worth it. Good luck with the rest.
09hearitage - thanks bro! I can't wait to get the wind back in my face! We're cheating winter here lately with 70 degree temps and I'm laid up in the garage. lol

I think that catches me up! Thanks again for all the kind comments and thanks to those of you have helped with your threads and information!

Quick Reply: Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!