Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which models rear 200 will fit straight in Blackline

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:56 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Still not sure that the swingarm is wide enough.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:41 AM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
Still not sure that the swingarm is wide enough.
I've heard it is. And it makes sense for them to have the same swingarm for all the softails.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by poppavein
I've heard it is. And it makes sense for them to have the same swingarm for all the softails.
Yes, but they have been know to use old leftover parts. You can tell the mounting tab for wide tires is narrower (about 1/2 inch) than the old ones (about an inch). I think they changed swing arms in 2008 when they redid the frame.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Dirty Fxstd
Tourer

You may have to change pulley also. I think the black line has a wider pulley than the 200 softys

Old 02-07-2012, 06:29 AM
VEHLAon48
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well just in contact with owner of that video i posted here is what he explained after i asked him if i can put 17x6 wheel without changing ne thng

"Yes,the wheel will fit.You will have to replace the inner fender,widen the fender or place a new one.The most difficult part to do was reforming the fender studs.You can place others ,like those from a night train or fat boy ,but they are longer and have covers.If you want ,I will send you some pics.

so now just have to score wheel and take it from there

Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by VEHLAon48
"Yes,the wheel will fit.You will have to replace the inner fender,widen the fender or place a new one.The most difficult part to do was reforming the fender studs.You can place others ,like those from a night train or fat boy ,but they are longer and have covers.If you want ,I will send you some pics.
I was at a dealer yesterday and looked at a Blackline that was parked next to a Fatboy and you can easily see that the fenders and struts are different.
But after taking a measuring tape to the swingarm and wheel as well as a quick look through the parts catalog it would appear that everything else is interchangeable.
So if you can find a wheel, fender, and struts you should be able to do the swap in a few hours, minus the paint.
If you have to reform the struts its going to take a bit longer.

Good Luck and see if you can get that guy who did it to join us and post a little write up with some pics for us to see.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 AM
VEHLAon48
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the pics and lil debrief from "Gino" here it is --->> "I cut the fender and widened it,if you put a cross bones wheel in it ask in the Harley shop the spacers.
The studs are a bit of work.I asked in the Harley shop a pair of Fatboy studs so I would have a model.That was no problem and after reforming the Blackline studs I gave them back"

image hosting jpeg

png image hosting

gif image hosting

Last edited by VEHLAon48; 02-09-2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: damn pics
Old 02-09-2012, 06:31 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by VEHLAon48
Got the pics and lil debrief from "Gino" here it is --->> "I cut the fender and widened it,if you put a cross bones wheel in it ask in the Harley shop the spacers.
The studs are a bit of work.I asked in the Harley shop a pair of Fatboy studs so I would have a model.That was no problem and after reforming the Blackline studs I gave them back"
Studs?
I think he meant to say struts instead of studs.

Last edited by In Memoriam Citoriplus; 02-09-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by poppavein
For what it's worth I did some research on mine and the swingarm for a 2007 Heritage and 2007 Fatboy are the same part number. Probably the same for all softails after 2007 (when HD fattened things up). But you would need to buy new fender supports (and fender) to change size drastically.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 AM
highdrum
Advanced

VEHLA,
Any update on this? I am looking at a blackline, and am wanting to go 200 on the rear. Will be doing a rigid bobber look so fender/struts is already taken care of. Just wondering what you had to do wheel/pulley wise. I'd be running an 18x5.5 from roland sands in the rear myself. Just the pesky abs to deal with now.........

Quick Reply: which models rear 200 will fit straight in Blackline