Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Softail Slims

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:18 PM
BluesCast
Advanced
Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RoadGlide
Here's mine with a few freebee mods. Relocated tag mount from what was an ugly location to me (too high) to the swing arm. Removed stickers and reflectors.
Wow nice tag placement. How or what did you get to do that? The tag does look awkward in it's stock placement.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:40 PM
09RoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BluesCast
Wow nice tag placement. How or what did you get to do that? The tag does look awkward in it's stock placement.
You have to remove the rear fender and take apart the wire harnesses for both the tag light and tail light. Fish the wires through the hole then reassemble harnesses. Then I drilled out the hole (slightly) in the tag frame to allow the proper size bolt for passenger peg to fit through. All done.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
BluesCast
Advanced
Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RoadGlide
You have to remove the rear fender and take apart the wire harnesses for both the tag light and tail light. Fish the wires through the hole then reassemble harnesses. Then I drilled out the hole (slightly) in the tag frame to allow the proper size bolt for passenger peg to fit through. All done.
Excellent! Thanks for the info.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:41 PM
tq745
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just sat on a slim at the dealer. can't believe how low it sits. it was a denim black. it's nice but my only complaint is that the trans and derby cover wasn't chrome while the exhaust was chrome. i just thought that it looked funny that way.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Waylenlee
Advanced

Originally Posted by tq745
just sat on a slim at the dealer. can't believe how low it sits. it was a denim black. it's nice but my only complaint is that the trans and derby cover wasn't chrome while the exhaust was chrome. i just thought that it looked funny that way.
They said that they were trying to strip the bike down a bit and focus more on the new engine. That makes me think they were trying to go away from the flash a bit. It is pretty damn low stock but I think there are some people on here that want to lower the thing even lower. Personally I like the amount of chrome on the bike. I've seen some mod's done to it to take away even more chrome "Blacked out pipes and such".
I would like to set some apes, 2 in 1 blacked out exhaust and some bags on it. Some thought to a wider tire on the back also. If I have one problem with the bike, it would be the rear tire size..

Old 03-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Cool

the bike looks preety cool stock . one thing everybody changes is the exhaust system harley nows that. i have the fatboy lo the only thing i chahged was the mufflers they are black now ..

Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Waylenlee
Advanced

Originally Posted by KOJAX
the bike looks preety cool stock . one thing everybody changes is the exhaust system harley nows that. i have the fatboy lo the only thing i chahged was the mufflers they are black now ..
Agree.. I see a lot of bars being changed also..

Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Trickslim12
Cruiser

i think i may go with forward controls and a small tank lift if i ever get the money saved( or get my bike from back from the shop )

Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Jacobgw05
Intermediate

Ride mine today for the first time, love my new bars rsd short stacks are amazing

Old 03-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Waylenlee
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jacobgw05
Ride mine today for the first time, love my new bars rsd short stacks are amazing
I bet.. Congratz..

Quick Reply: Calling All Softail Slims