Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed new siren II but it doesn't come on

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Phochief
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed new siren II but it doesn't come on

2012 fatboy with security system. I installed a new Siren II without a problem today. The siren doesn't chirp when I walk away from the bike and it doesn't go off if the bike is messed with. I turned the bike on and then off and put the FOB in the house. Went out to the bike and got on it. The lights flashed like crazy, but no siren. I don't have a remote pager.

Is there something I need to do to activate the siren? The directions only showed how to install it, not how to use it. I figured since it as the automatic activation security system, the siren would also be automatically activated.

Thanks!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Phochief
Advanced

Dang it! Just got off the phone with my local HD service dept and they said the siren has to be "activated" by "Digital Technician" being hooked up to the ECM.....about $40 to turn the siren on. Geez.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phochief
2012 fatboy with security system. I installed a new Siren II without a problem today. The siren doesn't chirp when I walk away from the bike and it doesn't go off if the bike is messed with. I turned the bike on and then off and put the FOB in the house. Went out to the bike and got on it. The lights flashed like crazy, but no siren. I don't have a remote pager.

Is there something I need to do to activate the siren? The directions only showed how to install it, not how to use it. I figured since it as the automatic activation security system, the siren would also be automatically activated.

Thanks!
My first question is..
1.)Is the siren plugged into the TSSM on the bike?
2.)Is the alarm battery plugged in?

Try this: this is what the Dealer does:

Make sure you put a new manual code in first. Just incase you lose your FOB or the battery in it dies.
Like this:
http://box.net/rssdownload/322671592...20page%206.rtf

Then this:
Auto Arming Function

http://box.net/rssdownload/322671394...20page%203.rtf

Then this:
Siren on/off

The new late model button less smart fobs are capable of changing the chirp mode to a silent mode. Even when armed in the chirp less mode, the siren still chirps warnings on movement and will activate the alarm through all alarm cycles.

To do this cycle quickly through arming and disarming twice, this will switch the system from either chirp less or the chirp mode to it's opposite mode.

1. With the fob present, the ignition key ON and the system disarmed, turn the ignition OFF.

2. When the system arms (2 flashes of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch back ON.

3. When the system disarms, ( 1 flash of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. When the system arms (2 flashes of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch ON and wait for the system to arm.

5. To change it back, just repeat the steps above again.

Last edited by Jester750; 03-08-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:29 PM
spydyr
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Phochief
Dang it! Just got off the phone with my local HD service dept and they said the siren has to be "activated" by "Digital Technician" being hooked up to the ECM.....about $40 to turn the siren on. Geez.
Whoever told you that is lying out their lips. I purchased and installed the Siren II for both my wife's 12 Heritage and my 09 Fatboy. Follow the procedure noted above and it'll work.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spydyr
Whoever told you that is lying out their lips. I purchased and installed the Siren II for both my wife's 12 Heritage and my 09 Fatboy. Follow the procedure noted above and it'll work.
Yep, I just followed the included instruction and then took it for a nice 200 mile ride to charge the Siren's battery.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Phochief
Advanced

Originally Posted by spydyr
Well, after my local HD service dept told me that, I called Bruce Rossmeyer's service dept in Daytona and they told me exactly the same thing.

So, I rode it down to my local dealer and they activated it. Maybe a 2012 thing? Anyway, just glad it works now. chirp chirp.

Thanks!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 PM
kh24
Tourer

I know mine isn't a 2012 but mine took like a half hour or so to start chirping. It drove me crazy. I messed with it for like 20 minutes then came back out 10 minutes later and it was chirping. Odd.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Just be like me and ride an old bike not worth stealing. Lol

Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 PM
spydyr
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My wife's heritage is a 2012 and I got it working in like 5 minutes.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM
2deuce
Road Master

I recall something about installing it facing the correct direction, also

Quick Reply: Installed new siren II but it doesn't come on