Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Fat Boy Lo with speedo/tach install...need help changing the colors

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
bsljacques
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Fat Boy Lo with speedo/tach install...need help changing the colors

hello all,

I have a friend with a new 2012 Fat Boy lo and he has the new combo speedo/tach installed at the dealer...but does not know how to change the colors for all the options. It's different from my 2011 Fat Bob. He has a trip switch on the left handlebar control...but not sure how to get it to the setup on his model? Can anyone help?

Bobby

Old 03-13-2012, 08:30 PM
bsljacques
Tourer

Googled enough and found them.....never would have though I would have to hold both turn signals to get it work.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Sorry didn't know the answer to your question. I have been looking at those speedos and was hanging around your post to see the answer.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
ironbat
2nd Gear
Default does the trip switch work

I will be putting on a new tach/speedo on my 2012 Fatboy Lo very soon (this weekend I hope) and I was wondering if the trip switch will have a function anymore. Now it changes the tach, trip milage, miles left, clock, etc.

I understand that the turn signals change the colors so I would guess the trip switch would be used as some kind of toggle switch. Anybody know?

thanks,
Ironbat

NC

Old 05-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ironbat
I will be putting on a new tach/speedo on my 2012 Fatboy Lo very soon (this weekend I hope) and I was wondering if the trip switch will have a function anymore. Now it changes the tach, trip milage, miles left, clock, etc.

I understand that the turn signals change the colors so I would guess the trip switch would be used as some kind of toggle switch. Anybody know?

thanks,
Ironbat

NC
Yes the trip switch will still function as before. I just installed mine this weekend.
The color combo's are pretty cool. You will play around with it for some time.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 PM
ironbat
2nd Gear
Default Love it

I just installed mine today and set the colors and it looks great. I have not been able to set the clock yet. Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks,
Ironbat

Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Can't help with out being home to dig out the instructions. Just unhook your battery and then at midnight hook it back up. then your clock will set to 12am default. Doesn't anyone save the instructions that come with the item.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by ironbat
I just installed mine today and set the colors and it looks great. I have not been able to set the clock yet. Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks,
Ironbat
Still sets the same way. Scroll to the clock, hold the trip switch till it starts flashing then adjust, and then scroll to the next- min, am/pm.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:52 AM
ironbat
2nd Gear
Default Instructions

I've got the instructions but not one word about the clock much less how to set it.

None of the programming used for the lights work on the clock.

I believe that unhooking/hooking up the battery will not work either. Won't it still be flashing 12:00 again?

Thanks for any help.

Ironbat

Old 05-12-2012, 09:41 AM
ironbat
2nd Gear
Default Got It!

I just called Ray Price and they told me how to set it. I thought that I had tried that way but I believe that I did not hold the trip switch long enough for it to change. Anyway now I can tell the time but who really cares when your enjoying the ride!

ironbat

Quick Reply: 2012 Fat Boy Lo with speedo/tach install...need help changing the colors