Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Slim Detachable Sissy Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:24 AM
coleslaw140
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail Slim Detachable Sissy Bar

Anyone know if you have to relocate the license plate on the slim when installing the detachable hardware for a sissy bar? I know that you have to install this mod which reduces the size of the turn signals.

If you need to relocate.. what kit to you suggest for a vertical side mount next to the swing arm?

Thanks - Cole

Old 03-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Firezapper
Cruiser

Check out the Blackline threads. Your rear is the same as ours. I got new posts and that lets your add the rack.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:10 PM
JasonV
Cruiser

Yes, according to the parts catalog for the docking hardware. I just put a wish list together for when mine comes in and had to do all this. Getting the Kuryakan side mount plate.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 AM
kev22
Stage I

No, you do not have to move turn signals or license plate if you are willing to modify the $250 detachable sissy bar after you take it out of the box. You have to grind down the back tab on the sissy bar to allow for clearance between the turn signals and latch. It's about a 1/4" that needs to be removed. I just bought mine last night and installed it, it only takes about 15 minutes of careful grinding and a little gloss black appliance paint to match the factory look.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:09 PM
pabehan20
Stage I

Does anyone know if this will fit a Fat Bob???

Old 08-23-2013, 05:31 AM
gelfling33
5th Gear
Default detachable sissy bar and turn signal relocation. Help needed

Originally Posted by kev22
No, you do not have to move turn signals or license plate if you are willing to modify the $250 detachable sissy bar after you take it out of the box. You have to grind down the back tab on the sissy bar to allow for clearance between the turn signals and latch. It's about a 1/4" that needs to be removed. I just bought mine last night and installed it, it only takes about 15 minutes of careful grinding and a little gloss black appliance paint to match the factory look.
Hello, I request your help since I have my softail slim turn signals relocated by my local HD workshop for the detachable sissy bar. They put a relocation kit and the wires are exposed out of the kit. I don't like the look at all. Could you please be so kind to post some pics of your modified sissy bar or send them to me to my email? This is my email address: gelfling33@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Russellj1601
Stage I

Originally Posted by kev22
Do you grind the latches as well? Do you have pics? I am very interested in doing this instead of using the relocating kit.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:05 PM
brockND
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again, no. I cut a notch out of mine and then painted it with black finger nail polish to clean it up and keep it from rusting. Dont fall for the HD tricks. haha. you dont need to reloate or put those chicken wing blinker extensions on. *my appoligies to anyone i may have offended about the extensions*.

Ill post pictures in a bit after i get my kids to bed.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:40 PM
MNtadpole
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Relocation Pictures

Originally Posted by gelfling33
Hello, I request your help since I have my softail slim turn signals relocated by my local HD workshop for the detachable sissy bar. They put a relocation kit and the wires are exposed out of the kit. I don't like the look at all. Could you please be so kind to post some pics of your modified sissy bar or send them to me to my email? This is my email address: gelfling33@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance and best regards.
I installed the HD relocation myself without exposed wires. Why don't you post some pictures...I'm curious If your not happy with the job maybe you should ask the shop to fix it...you know?

Old 04-09-2015, 09:48 PM
brockND
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Softail Slim Detachable Sissy Bar