Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slim / blackline sissy bar - turn signal modification and license plate relocate

Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Acooper
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default +1

Originally Posted by trnewman
I installed the one piece sissy bar on my fatboy lo. Instead of relocating the signals, I ground down the bottom of the latch area and it worked great. There was a thread on that mod somewhere. Not sure if you could do the same for your model of bike and kit.
This is what I did with my one piece sissy bar, used some gloss touch up paint to clean up the brackets where I ground them down.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 AM
SlimFred
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black1125
It's permanent mount, gloss black PC, mounts behind fender bstruts, easy to mount, made by Bowman welding, nice piece, perfect shape. I have no pics of it mounted, but there some pics of it floating around on the softail forums...
Is it this one from bowman? 16'' sissy bar
and would you ship to germany?

Last edited by SlimFred; 10-26-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:48 PM
black1125
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, that's the one I have, would like to sell in the US

Last edited by black1125; 10-26-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: change response
Old 11-04-2012, 02:48 PM
RattailSlim
4th Gear
Default Slim Passenger Seat Rest (sissy bar)

Anyone have a passenger seat rest thats short? Like 6 inches or so? I want just enough to provide support without being super long. Im and removable swapping out my 2013 Slim seat for a BLackline seat the 2 up part of it looks better and has more seating area without taking away the look of the bike...than and its removable in a couple minutes....Thanks.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:24 AM
RattailSlim
4th Gear

Anyone have pictures of a detachable sissy bar on a slim...without relocating the signals....i read that you can modify the latch or something to make it work and it still works like its supposed to???

Old 03-24-2013, 11:17 AM
smartenup16
Stage IV
Default Bowman Welding Sissy Bar

Here are a few pictures of my 2013 Softail Slim with the Bowman Sissy bar that I ordered through Ebay. Great workmanship and I'm really pleased. I have since put on the passenger pillion and I'm going to have a custom made sissy bar pad made. I, too love the look of the existing lights and didn't want to move anything. I have a Harley Davidson Daybag for daily use and for overnighters I have the Harley Davidson Touring Bag. They fit over the sissy bar and sit on the pillion and work great!! (Not the best pictures with all the garage clutter in the background but you can get the general idea of what it looks like) Bowman does also sell a sissy bar without the bracket for a sissy bar pad.

Attached Thumbnails slim / blackline sissy bar - turn signal modification and license plate relocate-img_1179rs.jpg   slim / blackline sissy bar - turn signal modification and license plate relocate-img_1180rs.jpg   slim / blackline sissy bar - turn signal modification and license plate relocate-img_1181rs.jpg   slim / blackline sissy bar - turn signal modification and license plate relocate-img_1183rs.jpg   slim / blackline sissy bar - turn signal modification and license plate relocate-img_1184rs.jpg  

Last edited by smartenup16; 03-24-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: would like to include pictures
Old 03-24-2013, 12:32 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by smartenup16
Here are a few pictures of my 2013 Softail Slim with the Bowman Sissy bar that I ordered through Ebay. Great workmanship and I'm really pleased. I have since put on the passenger pillion and I'm going to have a custom made sissy bar pad made. I, too love the look of the existing lights and didn't want to move anything. I have a Harley Davidson Daybag for daily use and for overnighters I have the Harley Davidson Touring Bag. They fit over the sissy bar and sit on the pillion and work great!! (Not the best pictures with all the garage clutter in the background but you can get the general idea of what it looks like) Bowman does also sell a sissy bar without the bracket for a sissy bar pad.
I have a Bowman Welding bar on my sporty. Great quality and service from the company. I wish I had gotten the one with the pad mount. other than that, no complaints. much sleeker than any other bar out there

Old 03-24-2013, 02:13 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by smartenup16
Noice. I have the Bowman on my Slim as well. I asked for them to shorten it a few inches and lean it back a few extra degrees, which they were happy to do for no charge.

Please let me know what route you go for the custom pad. I would like to do the same.

Name:  IMG_0380_zpse00f0dd9.jpg
Views: 3516
Size:  153.9 KB

Old 03-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Brats
2nd Gear

Has anyone tried to order this sissy bar to Canada? if so what approx was the shipping fee?

IMHO, one of the sickest looking bars for these bikes out there.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Brats
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Microbomb
That's what I am thinking of buying. No need for any mods just bolt it on and go. I found a picture of a Blackline that looks pretty cool with it on there. I talked to the eBay seller and he said he could powercoat flat black as well..gloss might match better with the lines? With this and a pillion I could carry my wife on occasion and also get a sissy bar bag for overnight trips. Would love to see some pics of Slims with sissy bars mounted before I pull the trigger.
EXACTLY what I am thinking too....I think the flat black would look awesome though because I have the denim black blackline, thoughts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: slim / blackline sissy bar - turn signal modification and license plate relocate