Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harley new mini footboard kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Smile harley new mini footboard kit

i have the 2010 fatboy lo i was wondering can i put the harley new mini foot board for my girl the stock ones stick. the harley part number is 50500144 one dealer says yes the other says no unrreal somebody here might know my girl will thank you lol thanks alot kojax

Old 04-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Rooke
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed them on my 09 Fatboy. My wife found the standard pegs uncomfortable, and I didn't want to go with "full footboards". They look great up or down and are heavy/substantial pieces. You can easily adjust the tilt as well, for even more comfort, wife loves'em & I'm happy!

Only gripe is that they don't retract or go back up without forcing them and scraping the paint on the mounting bracket a little bit. It doesn't seem like they designed them with quite enough clearance space. May need to grind the mounting bracket just a bit to get them to go back in the upright position without as much effort. Time and more use may solve that problem.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooke
Only gripe is that they don't retract or go back up without forcing them and scraping the paint on the mounting bracket a little bit. It doesn't seem like they designed them with quite enough clearance space. May need to grind the mounting bracket just a bit to get them to go back in the upright position without as much effort. Time and more use may solve that problem.

Mine are exactly the same. I actually like that they are like this. Stops them from falling down like my stock pegs did even after messing with the little "u" spacer.

Your right though, I like them better than floorboards. I don't even ride with passengers....some day maybe..

Mike
NY

Old 04-30-2012, 02:46 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Any one have pictures of these attached to your bikes? I would love to see them up and in the down position if possible.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Cool mini floorboards

i am looking at the new harley black 3 inch mini floorboards . i called harley today they told me when i install them to leave out the square spring washer i wonder if this is true .

Old 04-30-2012, 07:51 PM
MikeZ
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by KOJAX
i am looking at the new harley black 3 inch mini floorboards . i called harley today they told me when i install them to leave out the square spring washer i wonder if this is true .
I tried installing them myself and they wouldn't retract, so back they went.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Unhappy footboards

i would like to get the new harley footboards for my fatboy lo i am hearing all kinds of things they rub they do not stay up. i hate to spend 120.00 and they suck. i might hat to keep the ugly stock ones lol

Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

These aren't too bad at all.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Rooke
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Any one have pictures of these attached to your bikes? I would love to see them up and in the down position if possible.
These are some quick pics of the "chrome and rubber mini-footboards" hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails harley new mini footboard kit-up-1024x768-.jpg   harley new mini footboard kit-down-1024x768-.jpg   harley new mini footboard kit-p8100030-1024x768-.jpg  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Cool

i was thinking of getting them for my fatboy lo they look preety cool. they are new from harley my dealer said they should fit.

Quick Reply: harley new mini footboard kit