Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets Compare Seats

Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM
02hdfxst
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets Compare Seats

This is probably going to seem like just another "whats your opinion" thread but I'm just looking for some input and first hand experience on seat options. The ol has put the foot down and has decided the current Badlander seat on my lowered '02 FXST is no longer an option. And with the lack of both driver and 2up comfort I believe I will let her win this one. I love the sleek look the Badlander gives the bike with it being lowered, but comfort can't be ignored. I even went to the point of talking with Mean City Cycles on my options to make it even a little better. But for the price, there really was no good option to go with.

I would just like to hear some comparison all in the same place on what everyone has went with and how you like it. The ol is not the most petite but is also not all that big. But the Badlander is definitely too narrow for her for even short rides let alone a 200-300 mile trip.

I have somewhat done my research but have no saddle time in anything other than my Badlander to compare to.

Options such as the Butty Buddy have crossed my mind but I'm still very unsure about the product and that would only fix the 2up portion of the problem
C&C Sport Tour and Squareback are 2 that really interest me
HD Sundowner
Even the Mustang Vintage Tour caught my attention but I really want to keep a similar look to what the Badlander has to offer.
Anyone have experience or can compare these to Danny Gray or something similar in the LePera line?
Opinions and feedback please

Last edited by 02hdfxst; 05-09-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:11 PM
JRFLHR
Cruiser
Default Seat

My OL likes the stock seat. She hated the badlander.

Originally Posted by 02hdfxst
This is probably going to seem like just another "whats your opinion" thread but I'm just looking for some input and first hand experience on seat options. The ol has put the foot down and has decided the current Badlander seat on my lowered '02 FXST is no longer an option. And with the lack of both driver and 2up comfort I believe I will let her win this one. I love the sleek look the Badlander gives the bike with it being lowered, but comfort can't be ignored. I even went to the point of talking with Mean City Cycles on my options to make it even a little better. But for the price, there really was no good option to go with.

I would just like to hear some comparison all in the same place on what everyone has went with and how you like it. The ol is not the most petite but is also not all that big. But the Badlander is definitely too narrow for her for even short rides let alone a 200-300 mile trip.

I have somewhat done my research but have no saddle time in anything other than my Badlander to compare to.

Options such as the Butty Buddy have crossed my mind but still very unsure about the product and that would only fix the 2up portion of the problem
C&C Sport Tour and Squareback and 2 that really interest me
HD Sundowner
Even the Mustand Vintage Tour have caught my attention but I really want to keep a similar look to what the Badlander has to offer.

Opinions and feedback please

Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Deadanimal
Tourer

Dude I can atest to Corbin seats! I have ridden close to 1000mi in a day and did not have one problem with that seat. I may buy one for my Lo for when I go on long trips cuz right now I got the HD springer solo seat and I'm like holding on for dear life when I get on it!
I just got my 16" carlini apes on the bike and it's way different than with stock bars and that seat has no lower back support, it's like a slide when you hit the throttle!

My buddy just got a Mustang for his night train and he really likes it, he got the slick looking one to similar to badlander.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM
white01ss
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like they way Corbin seats fit me. I had a Corbin Young Guns on my night train, and it was more comfortable for me and my wife then the badlander. But, my wife hated everything about the night train. But me being the loving and caring husband I am told her that I would buy a street glide to make her happy....and it worked.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

KumaRide was good enough to post this for me when I asked the same question about seats, older thread.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...seat-pics.html

I'll also add my slideshow of my C&C's Solo I just mounted.

http://s1239.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 05-09-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default butt patrol

I'm a big fan of the Corbin Solo with the passenger pillion. An all day seat for me and only a little bitching from the rear. This is on a Fatboy Lo with the striker handlebars. My bride is around the 200 mark so if your's is smaller maybe all will be well. Her last seat was a big touring seat on a Road Glide hense the sniveling. And then when you're riding solo you can shuck the passenger seat for a cooler look and the bride will think no squeese will be on back when she shouldn't be.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:41 PM
thaghost
Tourer

Get the lepera bare bones with rear pillion and the shotgun shock :-) doesn't get any better haha

Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I also have a Corbin Solo on my Fatboy LO. I love the seat, feels like it holds me in the saddle and I'm part of the bike. When riding 2up I put the Pillion on. The OL feels the Pillion is to firm but she's 102 lbs. When riding alone I like the look of the solo seat and fender bib. if you want photos send me your email address and I will forward.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:32 PM
astark
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

When I ride by myself

And when I ride with my wife of 30 plus years

She loves her Mustang seat, backrest, luggage rack, and saddle bags.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 PM
astark
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

And here's what we look like going down the road comfortably, this day without saddlebags.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lets Compare Seats