Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Write-up Front signal relo for 11-12 Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 06:25 PM
duc nut
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal relocation

Thanks for answering my questions so quickly. Do the wires run directly from the connector to the blinker? Does it matter in the connector which is left or right for the turn signals? You also mention needing 36" of blue and black wires. I'm guessing that's enough to cover two 18" lengths of each? Sorry if these sound like silly questions but I really just want to be 100% sure before I attempt this. Thanks in advance for any and all your help.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by duc nut
Thanks for answering my questions so quickly. Do the wires run directly from the connector to the blinker? Does it matter in the connector which is left or right for the turn signals? You also mention needing 36" of blue and black wires. I'm guessing that's enough to cover two 18" lengths of each? Sorry if these sound like silly questions but I really just want to be 100% sure before I attempt this. Thanks in advance for any and all your help.
If I understand what your asking then yes the wires from you signals will plug into the connector under the right side of the tank.

Look at the plug under the tank. It has 6 wires going into it.
1. Black Ground
2. Blue with brown stripe signal
3. Blue marker
4. Blue marker
5. Blue with purple stripe signal
6. Black ground
Name:  DSCF1808.jpg
Views: 2459
Size:  53.7 KB

Use a test light and make sure you have the brown and purple wires in the right sport for your left and right signals.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by SwiftyBKells
I'm in the process of adding apes and the light bar w/blinkers on my '13 Fatboy right now. Worried about the Can/Bus, I haven't cut anything yet. I also haven't opened the box for the light bar yet. From what i'm gathering from you guys, I can cut the blinker wires and call it done or do is there more to it? I also see 2 cut wires in the pic, what color wires are they so I know which ones are safe to cut. I'm super worried i'm going to screw this new ecu thing up.
I used the Deluxe light bar and the instructions were really good and everything I needed was included. I don't know about the standard, but what Misbehaven has posted here does a very good job of explaining it. If you need any help just hit me up.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:17 PM
SwiftyBKells
Tourer

This post was extremely helpful. thanks fellas!

Old 12-17-2013, 09:35 AM
bigblock59
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i'm going to be doing this project soon. i ordered these brackets from my dealer. it's the only thing i can find that is similar to the touring bike brackets that harley makes.

http://www.dragspecialties.com/produ...oductId=127237

Old 12-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblock59
i'm going to be doing this project soon. i ordered these brackets from my dealer. it's the only thing i can find that is similar to the touring bike brackets that harley makes.

http://www.dragspecialties.com/produ...oductId=127237
That's different, looking forward to seeing the pics when you're done

Old 12-27-2013, 08:54 AM
duc nut
Stage IV
Default Turn signal relocation

Misbehaven,I wanted to thank you again for the write-up and for answering my questions ASAP. I finished the job and everything went fairly smooth thanks to your help. I did have the issue of my dash board indicator light flashing to fast but reset that by trying the hazard light trick, and all is right again. Than you again!

Old 12-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by duc nut
Misbehaven,I wanted to thank you again for the write-up and for answering my questions ASAP. I finished the job and everything went fairly smooth thanks to your help. I did have the issue of my dash board indicator light flashing to fast but reset that by trying the hazard light trick, and all is right again. Than you again!
Good to hear the news. Glad I could help.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:24 PM
SwiftyBKells
Tourer

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but finally getting to completing this project and have a few more questions...

After relocating the turn signals, extending the turn signal wires, where do I plug them into? Do they go directly into the male plug on the right side of the tank OR do the new extended blinker wires go into the old existing wires coming out of the male end prior to the plug connector?

So is it male connector, stock blinker wire soldered into new blinker wire OR remove all stock blinker wire & plug new wire into male end where the stock wire goes?

I hope I explained that correctly, I know its a lot of jargon... Like always, any help is appreciated.

Last edited by SwiftyBKells; 01-17-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

The male plug with the wires going into it should be the end of the extension you made. It plugs into the existing (as in already on the bike from the factorie)female plug to the left.
Name:  DSCF1809.jpg
Views: 2502
Size:  63.0 KB

Quick Reply: Write-up Front signal relo for 11-12 Fatboy Lo