Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Write-up Front signal relo for 11-12 Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Hunter5179
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by semifan1
Sorry to bring a thread back from the past, but my question is to those who have done this no problems with the ECM when cutting the turn signals?
I have 2013 fatboy lo I was trying to add new turn signals the alloy arts ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alloy-Art-Bl...-/161240132882

My bike is at a shop and the guys was saying cutting the 3 wires might mess mess with the ECM since the alloy arts only has 2 wires to go back does anybody know?Thanks
My buddy did mine. Cut the turn signals off with the 3 wires and my new ones only have two. He wired them right because they work and there are no lights or codes but if my bike sits for 24 hours my battery dies. He must have not done something right. Will take it to the dealer now

Old 08-27-2014, 10:12 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts
Old 08-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Got all the stuff today to do this job this weekend. I may add that when I pulled the screws out of the fork covers I noticed they were 5/16 fine thread. I recalled that carb studs are the same, bought a pair of studs from Pep Boys to mount the signals to. Cost $3 one end is fine, the other standard course and about 1 1/2 long. They made a great place to to hang the signals on with their current bracket and use a chrome acorn to secure them. I almost bought the $40 kit off Ebay for this.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:53 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Got all the stuff today to do this job this weekend. I may add that when I pulled the screws out of the fork covers I noticed they were 5/16 fine thread. I recalled that carb studs are the same, bought a pair of studs from Pep Boys to mount the signals to. Cost $3 one end is fine, the other standard course and about 1 1/2 long. They made a great place to to hang the signals on with their current bracket and use a chrome acorn to secure them. I almost bought the $40 kit off Ebay for this.
Can you post a pic of this when you get it done? I'm going to Pep boys to get those studs. I had a friend do mine. They are on the original brackets and one is more forward than the other. Looks half-assed. I appreciate any info. Thanks much.

Last edited by Fatburger; 08-29-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:40 AM
amike
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For everyone's info, I just put 16" apes on my 2013 Slim and the turn signal wiring was NOT hard wired to the controls. The wiring was independent and connected to a 6 pin connector on the right side of the frame under the tank.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by amike
For everyone's info, I just put 16" apes on my 2013 Slim and the turn signal wiring was NOT hard wired to the controls. The wiring was independent and connected to a 6 pin connector on the right side of the frame under the tank.
Well that makes it easier for you slim owners. This post relates to a 2011 -???Fatboy. I have no clue if the signal wires have changed on any of the bikes since then.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:36 AM
CajunIron
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my Slim following info from HD Forums.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/1016644-softail-slim-turn-signal-relo.html

Old 10-23-2016, 11:27 AM
derson69
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELP! Last night I attempted to add a second set of turn signals to my 2013 FatBoy Lo using the plug under the right side of the tank. Once I got everything hooked back up none of my left turn signals worked! The right worked though. I went ahead and disconnected the second set thinking a plug wire was wrong and even without the second set hooked up my left turn signals will not come on. I went through the procedure of pulling the tank back again to see if any plugs may have come loose but found nothing. Any ideas to remedy this would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-23-2016, 12:00 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Ouch! I feel for ya, that's why I don't mess with the electrical on my bike, period. Too easy to go down that rabbit hole. Good luck, let's hope it's something simple you didn't catch the first time. I'd start from the beginning and go from there, unplug and replug through the whole normal set up 'till you find it.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by derson69
HELP! Last night I attempted to add a second set of turn signals to my 2013 FatBoy Lo using the plug under the right side of the tank. Once I got everything hooked back up none of my left turn signals worked! The right worked though. I went ahead and disconnected the second set thinking a plug wire was wrong and even without the second set hooked up my left turn signals will not come on. I went through the procedure of pulling the tank back again to see if any plugs may have come loose but found nothing. Any ideas to remedy this would be greatly appreciated!
Are any of the LH controls working?

Where you at in OH?

Quick Reply: Write-up Front signal relo for 11-12 Fatboy Lo