Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Docking hardware help needed

Old 05-19-2012, 11:45 AM
cmosentine
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Docking hardware help needed

Seems between me and my dealer we can't seem to figure out the correct hardware kit for my new detachable side plates THAT WILL ALSO WORK with my detachable saddlebags.

I own these saddlebags: (88306-07A). They attach at three points, two on the fender strut and one point low off of the passenger foot peg.

Now I want to install detachable sideplates (53810-00B). So now I will need tandom detachment points on the two rear fender strut points and the lower point needs to move out.

If you are still following this, then you know what I am trying to do. What f'ing docking kit do I need?

Thanks, Chris.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:31 AM
cmosentine
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK junior birdmen (and women) I have found the answer to my own question, and I feel dumber for it.

Apparently, when purchasing the detachable sideplates, you are suppose to look at the docking hardware sheet to determine the correct docking parts. That sounds simply enough, EXCEPT if you already own HD detachable bags. In this case you have to look at the note on the bags which list separate docking hardware part numbers.

Here is an excerpt from the detachable bags:
"Fits '07-later FLSTF and FLSTFB models. Models equipped with Detachable Accessories require separate purchase of Docking Hardware Kit P/N 88256-07. ..."

You simply will not find this by looking at the docking hardware sheet associates with the sideplates.