Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy Lo Detachable Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Doc W
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TennesseeGene
OH Meant to say this in last post...everything is ordered correctly except he swears directional relocation kit 54268-10 will be what I need sooo I am guessing, based on what I can find on the forum, that this either is wrong and only for detachable hardware without bags, or it is different and from some comments i have heard, "unfinished looking and ugly, and why did harley change"... so it is paid for and arrived at the dealer...looks like we will see soon...if ur interested I will post pics and tell u what happens, but the install is going on 7 August or so as my bike is not built yet.
Hey Gene,
That # 54268-10 is pretty close to the number for the detachable side plates which is for the sissy bar to attach to. You can purchase a solid sissy bar side plate arrangement instead.
As far as "grinding", not sure what item he Grinded. My dealer originally forgot to order the relocation kit also. I put everything together and found that the bags would not go on. There was not enough room to get the rear part of the bag to get by the directional signal. That was with the kit that changes the smooth directional flange to a straight stem. It was then that the shop read the fine detail about using the relocation kit that actually extends your fender mounting back 3 inches for the signals.
Hope that helps. Bet August can't come fast enough!!
Doc W

Old 05-27-2012, 07:39 AM
TennesseeGene
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right Doc, August sure can't get here fast enough. I am gonna return the HD Fatboy Saddlebags, as I ordered the Leather Pros bigger bags...they do not require the directional relocation so the one he ordered will be fine and next year even if it doesn't look good it wont matter as I plan to go with a solid one piece tail light / turn signal setup... so baring any unforeseen setbacks I should be fine to ride my heart out this summer...FINALLY! lol

thanks for the info and I will let you know how i feel about these bags and if they r worth the money.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Doc W
Advanced

Sounds Good Gene,
Post some pix when u get that bad boy!
Doc W

Old 05-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Dawgtraxx
Road Captain

Sorry it took so long to get the pictures.. make it is made by bareback..part #7807-0036..for 03-06 softails.. work perfectly on the 2012fat boylo.. no turn signal relocation required..hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails Fat Boy Lo Detachable Saddlebags-20120527_090259.jpg   Fat Boy Lo Detachable Saddlebags-20120527_090207.jpg   Fat Boy Lo Detachable Saddlebags-20120527_090227.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 10:40 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawgtraxx
Sorry it took so long to get the pictures.. make it is made by bareback..part #7807-0036..for 03-06 softails.. work perfectly on the 2012fat boylo.. no turn signal relocation required..hope this helps
Nice, I like those bags.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:09 AM
TennesseeGene
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Doc W
Sounds Good Gene,
Post some pix when u get that bad boy!
Doc W
I'll do it...just don't clown me for leaving the reflectors lol. I am worried bout scratches and legal issues...not so much tickets but if i get hit and they end up winning a legal dispute on a technicality that it may have been hard to see me with me having illegally removed them lol...I hate the look but safety and money come first.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:04 AM
Danasutra
4th Gear

@Dawgtraxx: you got the standard rush-exhausts on your lo?
The issue with mine and bags is not a first: rush exhausts stacked on one side, sidemounted licenseplate and small leather triangular bag on the other..not much space for a nice big bag for a week riding :-(

So if you have the same setting as i have i'll go for the same bags!

Thanks a bunch guys for posting so much useful info!

Dan

Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 AM
Danasutra
4th Gear

And ofcourse what kind of bag is that?

Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 PM
NJDDH
6th Gear

Hey Doc W, I was just trying to put my new set on my 2012.
One question, I don't see the bar where it attaches to your passenger peg. Is that not necessary?

Old 03-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Raccerx67
Cruiser

May be too late and I don't have the part numbers from the moco catalog but here is a couple pics of factory fatboy bags, detachable everything, and turn signal relocation kit. I chose to mount the signals in the middle location because I did not like the looks in the rear position. It crowds bag removal and mounting but does work. I also installed black gloss plugs in the rear holes. This kept the wiring extensions totally hidden.

Doug

Attached Thumbnails Fat Boy Lo Detachable Saddlebags-factory-bags-sig-mounts.jpg   Fat Boy Lo Detachable Saddlebags-sig-mounts-close-up.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fat Boy Lo Detachable Saddlebags