Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

120 Days and a Wake-Up...

Old 05-19-2012, 05:46 PM
BeardedFish
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 120 Days and a Wake-Up...

...Before I plop down cold hard cash for a new Slim.
Just a couple of questions:

Can I get the front end blacked-out by H-D or is that strictly after market?

What's the best way to remove those crappy reflectors from the forks and rear fender supports?

Is there a plate relocation kit to fit the rear fender?

Can anyone recommend a good foundry in the L.A. Area? I have some unique ideas for trimming out my bike.

Thanks, BeardedFish (not to be confused with bearded clam)

Old 05-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) You can buy the black lowers from HD, or you can save a few hundred dollars and take them apart yourself and have them powdercoated

2) a piece of fishing line or something, some heat, and some goo-gone

3) i dont know, but probably

4) don't live in LA

Old 05-19-2012, 06:10 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

Welcome Newbie....

Old 05-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,430 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
Welcome Newbie....

lmfao

Old 05-19-2012, 06:13 PM
CT-Mike
Cruiser
Received 53 Likes on 16 Posts

I used dental floss to remove my reflectors. Worked great.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:19 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Noob. Welcome aboard. Brotha, I live about 10 minutes away from ya. I have a great independent for ya. He does GREAT work, and he'll take care of everything for a much more reasonable price than those Stealerships!! He has a 1-Stop Shop .... Btw, I DO NOT RECOMMEND Simi Harley for service. Even though ill be there tomorrow for Metal Mayhem. Its their biggest get together ..They took 6 weeks to completely misdiagnose a prob I had. Then my indie found the prob within 3 hours and charged almost nothin for a 2$ carb seal. PM me if your interested.
Jason.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:21 PM
BeardedFish
Novice

Thanks Sarge. I like your reflector removal method. So simple it borders on genius.

Thanks for the welcome Octo-Boomer

Old 05-19-2012, 06:37 PM
BeardedFish
Novice

CT-Mike: waxed or unwaxed, minty or straight?

SoCal: nice to hear from a homey. Thanks for the heads up. Haven't been by the Rock Store on a bike in 30 years. Is it still happnin? When you need some tires for your 4-wheelers be sure to hit up my old friend Jon Stokes at Stokes Tire, Santa Monica & 11th.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:50 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeeeeeah, BUDDY!!!!!
Even though the founder recently passed, The Rock Store is still one of the places to be for sure. 2010DeluxeGuy recently met up with me there. It's still pretty cool to check out everybody's rydes. Neptunes Net is always alotta fun!!!! Last week there was a couple different MCs there and they had one of em doin wheel stands up and down Pch on a Dyna in front of all the peeps. Alotta good lookin "talent" there too!!! SageBrush will be the place to end up once summer starts. Always a circus. Hahaha!!!! But I'm sure you know that bein from Woodland Hills and all!!! There's a few more places to go once you get your ryde! I have a few others I'll introduce you to.. Way kewl dudes. There's a couple different groups I ryde with. One that rydes like HELL, and one that just likes to take in the scenery.
Happy Weekend!!! Now time to polish off this btl of Black Label!!!
Wooooo hoooooo!!!!!! Cheers!!!!!

Old 02-08-2013, 02:21 PM
BeardedFish
Novice

I gotta chuckle here for a sec. Ok,done.
Picked up my bike last September. Asked PVHD to source me a stock Slim, I'd be in on Friday with a cashiers check for the out-the-door price. ($20,863). They said sure no problem. Got there Thursday night and parked my rig in their lot. Hadn't had as much trouble falling asleep since I was a five year old on Christmas Eve. I was waiting when they unlocked the door. After introducing myself to the salesman I was working with, he informed me that my stock bike wouldn't be delivered till Monday because the Harley dealer in San Diego screwed up. I was really bummed because I only had the weekend and needed to be back to work on Monday. As a long-haul truck driver it's a bitch to get time off. So the salesman tells me to hang loose and to let him see what he could do.
He comes back and says he can sell me their customized Slim with powder coated forks, SE exhaust, and SE Heavy Breather kit for the price of the stock bike. Can you say "WINNING!"
See my bike in the garage. I named her My Bitch because I ride her hard and she's the only one I spend money on.

Last edited by BeardedFish; 02-08-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 120 Days and a Wake-Up...