Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 PM
larry walsh
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fatboy

i have a 2013 fatboy lo will the hardbags from a 2013 streetglide fit on my new fatboy

Old 05-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by larry walsh
i have a 2013 fatboy lo will the hardbags from a 2013 streetglide fit on my new fatboy
Yes with the right brackets. Cycle Vision brackets snug the bags up to the bike nice.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:38 AM
jeremyallen21
Stage I
Default handlebars

Originally Posted by BiggsintheAZ
Looking for pictures or suggestions to add a good looking seat of hard bags to my fatboy.

I have replaced the stock exhaust with a 2 into 1 V&H pro pipe, chrome, so it now runs out one pipe below the axle. I did this because I love that exhaust and to make room for bigger saddle bags.

Then I did an eBay deal for those smooth sided HD locking leather covered hard bags. They bolted on with the detachable sissy bar plate ( only a litle hardware kit required) that included longer bolts.

Problem is they are too small, too short looking.

I think the stock Harley hard bags, painted vivid black might not really look right. Anyone out there have a suggestion for alternatives, that would include
larger locking bags that can be painted vivid black and sort of fit the shape of the softail style? I really want larger punted hard locking bags!!!
wondering if you might could tell me where you bought your handlebars. Been looking for a chrome set. Thanks

Old 10-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Softail ginger
Intermediate

Originally Posted by serjayson

I went with Top Shop extended bags. Your gonna want to change your rear fender even if you go with stock hard bags because the bags come down lower then the fender.
That is exactly what I want to do to my softail custom

Old 12-25-2014, 10:51 AM
dharmon012
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

are these 4" stretch? do you ever drag bags?

Old 03-11-2015, 09:37 AM
twiley
1st Gear
Default Question!

I just bought a bad dad rear fender All in one Summit 4" stretch and I went with the cavalry stretched bags.

What did you do to relocate the passenger footpegs? Looks like the mounting bracket mounts at the rear footpegs. I have 3 1/2 inch mini floorboards on the back which I assume means I'll have to move them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 03-12-2015, 05:54 PM
mymatrix
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife's 2014 Lo has the stock fender, Cycle Visions Bagger-Tail, fillers and guards, 2014 HD FLT bags.
The HD hard bags for 2014 or different than the 98-13 bags, so keep that in mind. They are a different slant and are wider. The wife can even fit her half helmet in hers. She likes the curves of the stock fender and doesn't care that the bags and fillers are a little lower.
I second the recommendation to search the forums for "softail bagger". You'll find tons of posts with helpful members.

Name:  20150311_192255_zps8h8imjol.jpg
Views: 3050
Size:  456.0 KB

Last edited by mymatrix; 03-12-2015 at 05:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jwssgs (09-12-2016)
Old 03-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Berick
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowyone
You can see mine in the avatar pic and in my album pics. They are Road King classic bags with the cycle vision mounts. You can use the stock hard harley bags also as they take the same mounts. I added a locking kit to the bags from Brukus. Work great and for me the RK classic bags are a better fit to the looks of my ride.
I agree. The Roadking bags have the best lines for these bikes (too bad about the shock cut-out taking away some of that precious volume though)..... if I could find a pair of Roadking Classic bags in mint shape for a good deal I'd get them in a heartbeat... if I only had the coin!

Old 12-12-2015, 07:23 AM
khong
6th Gear
Default Your handlebar and saddlebag

Originally Posted by serjayson

I went with Top Shop extended bags. Your gonna want to change your rear fender even if you go with stock hard bags because the bags come down lower then the fender.
Hi, can I ask the Trade mark of your handlebar and the saddlebag? Wanna the same but could find in the net. Thank many!

Old 09-12-2016, 12:26 PM
jwssgs
Novice

Mymatrix...I realize this post is over a year old. Your wife's bike....same as my wofe's. Also here in Ohio. What exhaust is on her bike? V&H Big Radius 2 into 1 on the wife's might be a major problem....or hurtle....to replicating your Fatboy Lo. Any help greatly appreciated. Suggestions as to rear turn signals? Jim

Last edited by jwssgs; 09-12-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: turn signals

Quick Reply: Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search