Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 01:28 PM
sevebou63
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts

I can't bring myself to chop up these pipes. Gonna switch out with another set that will clear the conversion brackets. Listed them in Softail classified section.
Rather have someone else enjoy these pipes.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:08 PM
jwssgs
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't give up on the BR 2into1. Imay have a fix. Vance & Hines bracket 345-P which attaches the muffler section to the bike...has space above the two holes that attach the bracket to the frame. I spoke with V&H today...if one were to relocate the mounting position..i.e. drill two holes 1/2" above the existing factory holes, it would drop the "tail" od the BR body 1/2" without compromising or creating undue stress to the headers at their point of bolting onto the exhaust manifolds. I have ordered an additional bracket..cost $20.16 plus shipping in order to drill the holes on a drill press and possibly having a piece of steel welded over the factory holes...fear of causing the part to be weakened. Probably an unnecessary modification...welding additional steel since that area will be below the point of attachment to the bike frame itself. Might be the better solution rather than the costly expense of replacing a great exhaust system. Your thoughts? I am not an engineer...merely a pharmacist that is attempting to build the wife's FB Lo into the bagger she desires. She love the look and sound of the BR 2into1. Adding CD plasma rods to the inside of the CV filler panels... Anyway...wanted to share my thoughts...Jim

Old 11-05-2016, 04:56 AM
sevebou63
Tourer

Appreciate the info but I am already installing the new pipes and boxing the old.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:44 PM
sevebou63
Tourer

OK....All done. Installed V&H Pro Pipe and now the hard bags clear everything. Very Pleased.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search-img_20161119_183329250.jpg   Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search-img_20161119_183304155.jpg   Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search-img_20161119_183034351.jpg  
Old 11-20-2016, 04:58 AM
jwssgs
Novice

Finally have a 3 day weekend to assemble all the parts and pieces deemed necessary to turn my wife's Fatboy Lo into a bagger. I want to thank all that inspired our creation. Now have to figure out how to post pics of the process up to and including the finished product. Cycle Visions assured me that the Bagger Tail brackets were compatible with the V&H Big Radius 2into1. Happy to report that knowledge is key. Mounted with heavy duty 3M tape aluminum L-brackets (0.75 X 0.75 inch) to inside of CV Filler panels in order to mount Custom Dynamics Plasma Rods for greater illumination. Used GreatBikeGear relocation license plate bracket for rear bullet lights. Changed the rear brake light to CD LED unit as well as CD's dual intensity inserts for bullet turn signals which now function as Brake/Run/Turn lights as well. Wired the plasma rods utilizing CD's Uni-Bus connector daisy chained with HD Run/Brake/Turn Conversion Kit. Mustang Lid Covers perfectly match her Mustang Solo Seat and closely resemble the Crotch Cooler as well as the rear fender protector....studs and conchos. Lots of swearing and bruising of appendages as testimony of my efforts. Our hope is to have "Wild Bill" redo the pin striping at Myrtle Beach Bike Week in May. He is simply an incredible artist...professionally pin-striping since he was 14 y.o. His health isn't the best..so if you believe in the power of prayers...please keep Bill in mind. He has done 3 of our bikes...her XL1200C was an Award Winning entry at the annual Memorial Ride in Indy in2014. That was then...this is now. Again..thank you to all that offered inspiration and suggestions. She loves the results. With any luck the sudden snow will stop blowing and I can reclaim a portion of garage space. Sadly Winter storage will soon be upon us.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:16 AM
jwssgs
Novice

OK...attempting to upload pics. Praying it works...

CV clears BR 2into1

Left side appearance

Plasma Rod right side

Assembly finished.

Custom Dynamics lights and rods

Old 11-20-2016, 05:18 AM
jwssgs
Novice

OK...it worked! Now to figure out how to post my profile pic...thinking I will use this one.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:59 AM
sevebou63
Tourer

Glad I moved to the pro pipe. Sounds much better than I thought. Even more throaty than the Big Radius. I always believe things happen for a reason.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:45 AM
jwssgs
Novice

Looking good sevebou...thankful that I too have finally finished the conversion of my wife's Fatboy Lo. Had to call Custom Dynamics for information regarding the Plasma Rods. Seems the Universal Connector had to be installed before the H-D R/Brake/Turn Conversion kit in order for the Plasma Rods to correctly illuminate. In the photo...taken before the phone call...the Rods were illuminating Yellow Run/Run/Turn. After the technical advise...Rods are illuminating as intended. Red Run/Brake...Yellow Turn. Now our bikes somewhat match....Plasma Rods installed on both. LED lights from CD and JW Speaker front and rear. Saved hundreds $$ purchasing the JW Speaker over the price H-D charges for the exact same light....JW Speaker supplies H-D...and avoids the stealer prices.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:38 AM
sevebou63
Tourer

Looking good as well JWSSGS. Now just have to wash her up.
Fingerprints all over her. Embarrassing to show her off all dirty.
Had a question from another member on the brackets. Posting a pic for him. Instead of having to make a bracket to keep the bags from moving around, I simply used extra rubber mounts that go under the bags and inserted them on the inner side between the fender and the bracket. Stiffens it up nicely and don't have to spend couple hundred bucks on CV brackets for that one difference. I feel that is where they get most people to purchase there brackets. A little ingenuity goes a long way. $41.00 versus $200.00.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search-img_20161122_102222742.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search