Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roadking front Nacelle on Fatboy Lo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts
Default Roadking front Nacelle on Fatboy Lo?

Ok seen a couple Fatboys with the Roadking style front headlight Nacelle and think it looks really good! So will any Roadking Nacelle work? Or is it a special Nacelle for the Fatboy that just has the Roadking look? Harley has one in the Fatboy lo Parts section on the web but its chrome and $450 big ones! Im looking for a black one. And for alot less! My Fatboy Lo is a 2012.. what will fit?

Old 06-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you talking about the "Freight Train Nacelle" kit? If i'm not mistaken the one from a Road King won't work because they have a wider distance between the forks, and the mounting holes on the side are further apart by 1 1/2 inches

though if you want to try..the gloss black one for the Road King is P/N 46547-03A, and it's $300, but you'll need a riser kit too, and i dont see that listed in black

Old 06-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Shortmag
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Cant answer but they do look good

Old 06-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Are you talking about the "Freight Train Nacelle" kit? If i'm not mistaken the one from a Road King won't work because they have a wider distance between the forks, and the mounting holes on the side are further apart by 1 1/2 inches

though if you want to try..the gloss black one for the Road King is P/N 46547-03A, and it's $300, but you'll need a riser kit too, and i dont see that listed in black
Yes i saw the Freight train Nacelle kit thats the one that looks like the RoadKing Nacelle from Harley and is Like $450 bucks! I really thought the regular RoadKing Nacelles would work just cause ive seen alot of Fatboys with them on the front and even some that are for sale that on the custom parts list states RoadKing front headlight Nacelle! If so id rather pick up a used set or pre powder coated set for alot less then Harleys Freight train kit!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

What year RK? My boss has one and I can measure the fork width for you. I can measure the front end and any piece you may want. Lemme know.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:06 PM
ffatboy03
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Roadking and the Fatboy Nacelle are not interchangeable. The touring bikes front forks are wider than the Fatboy front forks.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

You will have to buy the CHROME one for the lo and have it powder coated or painted black.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
You will have to buy the CHROME one for the lo and have it powder coated or painted black.
Ya if thats what i have to do i think i will just leave it be!! To much money to go that route. Maybe i will just get the bigger headlight ring in black. That looks good too! I didnt think the Roadkings front end was bigger i allways thought all the FL Hydra glide front ends where the same size! Oh well..

Old 06-11-2012, 09:13 AM
MyBigBlue
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Unfortunately that is the route you would have to take. I worked in the Nacelle with my bike deal, but then had to pay for HD paint to get it color matched. Just add it to your list for down the road.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MyBigBlue
Unfortunately that is the route you would have to take. I worked in the Nacelle with my bike deal, but then had to pay for HD paint to get it color matched. Just add it to your list for down the road.
Wow looks great man! So you got yours color matched Big Blue Pearl? Hard to tell in the pic. Thats the same color i have as well.. I love the Big Blue Pearl.. With my bike i want to add more black to it tho so everything is all blacked out except the tins! That crazy how much money they want for that part plus i would have to get it powder coated black! You think with Harley having the Fatboy Lo they would offer it in black from the factory!

Quick Reply: Roadking front Nacelle on Fatboy Lo?