Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to Stretch Fender(s), Ideas, Help and Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Paint
I'm going to stick with stock paint, two tone, vivid black and glacier white.

Ya man...stock paint ties in the whitewalls very well.

Turn Signals
I'm wanting to go with the bullet type that will mount on the strut bar. I haven't researched which ones specifically so if you don't mind sharing what has worked for you I'd be very grateful.

Maybe something likes these instead of fatboy stocks.

Brake Light and Plate
I'm not sure that I'm real sold on the axle mount and this is the real hang for me. I think the fender being clean would be the way to go, but then I'm stuck with the obvious, where the hell to stick the plate and brake light. I'm leaning more to frenching in the plate and light. But I'm also hung up the vertical plate axle mount with light. HELP! LOL

French the plate on the bottom since you are going to the ground? But side mount feels like it isn't part fo the bikes which it shouldnt' be.

Fender Rail Guard
I'll need to find someone to stretch my fender rail because I don't want to give that up so any contacts on who could do that would be appreciated.

A good fab man should easily handle that.

Once I finalize my plans and lock all this in I'll get the stretched tank I've got laying around painted with the fender.

Stetched tank sounds firkin sweet man.

Farking hate it when your ready to pull the trigger and get buck fever and just can't squeeze it! LMAO HELP Any pictures and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

One thing that worries me on my own bike, is trying to do to much.....but hellz that means more fun!

Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
I personally prefer a totally clean fender and don't think license plates or tail lights have a place there in any form - frenched in, or otherwise. I'd go with a side mount, but do 3 in 1 LEDs (Custom Dynamics) on either side in lieu of a tail light, like Story808 and I have done. Looks cleaner and flows better to my eye. Unless you've totally decided on the frenched in plate and tail light, I'd rethink it. Stretched fenders just look better uncluttered, but that's just mho...
This is what I'm doing as well. Getting rid if that ugly taillight.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brotha you know we can do what ever your mind can come up with.. The kury strut lights are not that bright.. I would look up Harrison Specialities bullet strut lights.. They are real nice and bright and can be used as brake/turn/run lights.. Ready to get another fender out there to catch eyes..

Old 06-21-2012, 03:00 PM
fmnspooch
Road Master

WTF man! I thought this was a joint venture, LOL. No Nacelle NO FENDER STRETCHING FOR YOU BOY!... You can't leaf frog chit. Im calling "no joy" buddy. your flying below the hard deck! Now get back to base!

Old 06-21-2012, 04:34 PM
eastlozHD
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NC!!! Your bike is the Chi chis brotha!!! Don't touch it!! It's a masterpiece as it sits!!

Last edited by eastlozHD; 06-21-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:50 PM
ILLEGAL REGAL
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fireman1501
The kury strut lights are not that bright..
I dunno which you've seen but mine light up the ground with just the running lights.. brighter than ****

Old 06-21-2012, 04:53 PM
eastlozHD
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pooch: thats a mean VICLA you have there....A SoCal Cholo's wet dream...almost as blissful as having ICE in the PINTA!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:41 PM
urbancamo
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had this in my inspiration folder, either got it off here or another site i look at with lots of lolo style but it's stretched with tombstone and awesome. I agree with the others i would hate to see the tombstone go away on your bike.

Attached Thumbnails Ready to Stretch Fender(s), Ideas, Help and Pics?-i-b4vsgdn-l.jpg  
Old 06-21-2012, 07:17 PM
509Rider
Road Master

Originally Posted by urbancamo
Had this in my inspiration folder, either got it off here or another site i look at with lots of lolo style but it's stretched with tombstone and awesome. I agree with the others i would hate to see the tombstone go away on your bike.
Kinda gave me a chub

Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 PM
ramirez0228
Cruiser

This is a MUST MOD! The stock Deluxe rear fender is 5 to 6 inches too short IMO. This is my next project and I'm leaving the tombstone and stock signal lights. Its all individual preference.

Quick Reply: Ready to Stretch Fender(s), Ideas, Help and Pics?