Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Fatboy Dyno Revised Chart & Tuned

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:43 PM
travelingman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Fatboy Dyno Revised Chart & Tuned

In a previous email twoweeks ago I posted a dynochart of my 2007 Fatboy.

The engine is stock (never been apart) the ECM had a Stage 1 flash.

Two bolt on accessories by part number:

Vance and Hines Big Shot Staggered PN 17921 (O2 Sensors connected)
Harley Davidson Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather AC PN 29592-05

Bike developed76.42 HP and 92.23 LB of torque

This week I added a Power Commander III USB purchase from Fuel Moto in Wisconsin. I used Dynojet'sM813-004 map available in software or on internet and ran two(3 run) tests at Phatom Rider Choppers. Each run we adjusted the Power Commander air fuel based on ourcharts. There are many variables with Dyno tuning any bike; each bike is going have differences,each Dyno operator experience comes into play, the temperature and humidity comes into play, tire pressure, on and on. So in the runs I conducted the temperature was around 71 degree F and humidity 31 percent.

After adjusting the Power Commander at Phantom Rider Choppers with Jim Kallayto the point I liked the map. I brought the bike toMike Lozano's shop for final Dyno tuning. For those of you who do not followV-Twin drag racing look up type in "Mike Lozano Racing"or"Lozano Brothers Porting". This is a first class organization. Mike is just great to talk to and one of the most knowledgable V-twin motor guys around. He does not Dyno tune that many street bikes because of his busy racing business. He does do the local Harley shopsbikes when requested.

He'sgot the right equipment and allowed me to help with the mapping on the Power Commander. What I found interesting was the experience he had just by looking a the air/fuel chart line and a bunch of numbers on a map.So we started our tuning by evaluating the 20 to 30 percent throttle range as if you were crusing down the highway. The bike ran richwith the initial map. Mike told me to change the 10and 20 percent throttle ranges between 2500 and 4000 rpms and handed me a list of thedifferences he wanted to see. We ran the bike again and the mixture was right on the money. No fancy tuning link just knowledge.

The next step was to look at 100% throttle on the map, so he ran the biketothe limit and review the chart. Here comes the numbers back to on a peice of paper and I make the changes. This run produce the graph below:

Power Commander:

To gain almost 3 HP and 2.5 LBS of torque is a nice. It will cost you in Dyno runs to find the right balance for your bike. A stock Power commander map is not going to do it, just to many variables. Youmust Dyno the bike prior to PWR CMD installto see the difference. So make sure you have your pipes and AC on at that time. These two items and a ECM flash will give you respectable power and torque. The Power Commander takes about an hour to install by yourself. It is tricky pushing the wiring up though the only hole in the Fatboy (any softail) that will except the connector to the ECM. It is not a pretty sight once installed. Put the Power Commander housing in two or three zip lock quart bags and zip tie them prior to installing per instructions. Even though the unit is water proof, your installing it where oil and mud and grim are going to show up. Have the USB cable plug into the Power Commander prior to installation, let the cable stay in place. The Power Commander will boot up only after you start the bike. All instructions are very simple. All fuel/air adjustments are very simple. After y