Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demon Cycles?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
CinCityPyro
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Demon Cycles?

Ok as some of you make know i'm in the process of building a softail from the ground up. As of current and for a few more weeks i currently own the 85-150 Softail frame from Ultima, bought through JirehCycles.

My question is this; i've got about $500 in the purchase of my Ultima Frame, and I'm about to put another grand into it to make it a rolling chassis (non-tins RC). Am i better to sink another 1k into the ultima frame, or to spend 1500 in a prostreet style softail frame from Demon cycles. DC claims that it's a 6.1k retail value being sold for only 1.5k. Part of me wants to think that switching up to a DC rolling chassis is trying to go the cheap and fast route which might lead to overall dissapointment with the quality versus building up the ultima frame. It's early enough that i could make this change and not really lose money as i could resell the ultima frame, but i Have no experience with DemonCycles, and was hoping someone could give me some guidance?

Again HDF community, i really appreciate any advice yall can offer. I really wanna do things right as this bike will be with me for many years. Thanks again. :-)

Old 06-26-2012, 11:26 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Do some searches on here about demon cycles and make up your own mind.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

I got an air cleaner from them..decent enough i guess..dnt know that id wanna sink that much money in an ebay company

Old 06-26-2012, 11:41 PM
CinCityPyro
Cruiser

Is it to late to just back up and not even post this thread? Everything i've found on these forums and ebay reviews is about how things they sell are of cheap or "OK" quality and most others how the part was not even made correctly or measurements were off. I will be sticking to my ultima frame, and currently be looking for a way to punish myself for even giving DC a moment of my thought. :-(

Old 06-27-2012, 12:21 AM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like Demons but idk man something like a frame I would trust a bigger name on. I have ordered many parts from Demons with no issues but those were mirrors and drag bars no frames. Good luck.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 AM
suiii15
Road Captain

I've bought a few sets of bars from them, always have fitment issues. They like to say their stuff works with OEM hardware, but it always ends up needing new metric riser bolts. Obviously this isn't a frame we are talking about but if they can't get a pair or drag bars right...

Old 06-27-2012, 10:13 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,878 Likes on 4,670 Posts

Pyro, I'm disappointed. I was to see the bike done by now!

I know you've already made up your mind some I wanted to share anyway.

I've purchased a lot from them in the past and I have never had trouble with them or the products they supplied me. Sometimes if they don't have it and you ask they'll even get it for you, as was a case with me.

But switching up what you have? No, I would advise against it. A rolling chassis is not much farther ahead than where you are now. Myself and a good friend of mine built a bike from the ground up like you're doing. Moments like this where you second guess yourself are going to become a very common occorance.

A thought to keep in mind: People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan. You have the idea in your head of what you want. Trust me! Stick with that plan!

Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now..because of this forum I search out vendors that I'm thinking of buying off in ebay. Quite surprising how many out there cost way more in the end with hassles then the cash savings actually is.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

There is a place called http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/
They are pretty much the end all authority on building pro street and modern chopper motorcycles. There are a lot of smart sons O guns on this forum, but those guys entire lives revolve around things like what frame is the best or worst. Posting this question to them would be a great idea.