Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 PM
rebelpiper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossbones riders

yall tell me something bad about this bike. im going monday to buy a used one. its an 09 with only 5500 miles. it looks great.

ive been reading and searching threads here on the HD forum but have yet to get any bad reviews. someone has got to have an issue with thier crossbones so lets here it...why should i not buy this bike???

Old 07-05-2012, 10:54 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

U should not buy it because u should give me the money!!!

Old 07-06-2012, 12:52 AM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey its a 96" 6 spd springer enough said .. i hate the bobbed fenders so i went with full fenders on mine
google heritage fatbones or search here there are a few of us that have transformed our bikes into something quite different..not that you should but shows some of the endless possibilities the crossbones brings..first thing get rid of the frame stickers and reflectors they are butt ugly on a bike

Last edited by colonelangus1; 07-06-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:56 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, for starters, you will have to put up with people constantly looking at it, asking questions about it, drooling on it, etc. It becomes a huge PITA.

Honestly, there was one thing about it that I didn't like. The stock tractor seat made me feel like I was going to fall off the bike, so I swapped it out to a Badlander. Then, I kept scraping the floorboards ALL the time. I went to forward controls. I felt a little cramped with the boards anyway. The bike rides great. Most of the horror stories you would hear about the Springer front end are from guys who have never ridden one.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:10 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,478 Likes on 2,478 Posts

Don't have a bones, but here are my opinions on it:

The rake is too shallow; almost like someone ran it into a wall. Should be kicked out a little more. And the Fatboy front fender just does NOT go with the springer. Should have a Heritage-style front fender.

And lose the hokey skull on the oil tank.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:14 AM
dnhanson
Stage II

I am new to HDForums and have a quick question. I have a 2011 Crossbones and want to replace the rear fender with a Dyna fender. Does anyone know if that's possible without having to change a lot of other stuff?

Old 07-06-2012, 02:30 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dnhanson
I am new to HDForums and have a quick question. I have a 2011 Crossbones and want to replace the rear fender with a Dyna fender. Does anyone know if that's possible without having to change a lot of other stuff?
Have not seen anyone do that, I am sure it would not be an easy swap. Another option is to find a 200mm fatboy fender. It is a direct swap and can be cut down to give it a similar look

Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 AM
FXDForbes
Tourer

My '09 bones has around 15,000 miles and no horror stories so far. I do have a second seat for when I don't feel like the spring seat, removed reflectors and don't like the skull on the oil tank, but other than that it's great. The only thing that sets it apart from any other softail (which is pretty kink free) is the springer front end as long as you don't treat it like shlt you'll be fine.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Not one bit of bad news from mine at all. I had an '02 Fatboy that I bought new, and i honestly like the way my Crossbones rides much better. Also, a Springer just screams "Harley". Is there a style that defines Harley Davidson more than that?

Attached Thumbnails Crossbones riders-dscn1279.jpg   Crossbones riders-dscn1282.jpg  
Old 07-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Dutch CB
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine, it's my first HD. The bike rides great, very easy and relaxed to drive.....

Attached Thumbnails Crossbones riders-foto-kopie-2.jpg   Crossbones riders-1-kopie.jpg  

Quick Reply: Crossbones riders