Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting Traditional-Shape Footboards on Fat Boy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 10:47 PM
nopetrol
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2 points where the pan bolts up is no different. Don't put anymore worry into it. The other end of the bracket where it mounts to the frame is diff on my FB versus the Lo. Nothing that effects the pans.

Originally Posted by TennesseeGene
Thanks for all the info... I will tell my Stealer not to install the new kickstand unless there is some interference and maybe I can return that part. Nopetrol...You said that the mount for the pans is different on the lo as opposed to the fatboy? or did I read that wrong and you just meant the kickstand is different?

Old 07-15-2012, 04:33 AM
TennesseeGene
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone, especially Beasleyiv and misbehaven cuz now I know it will work, but wonder why Harley says they dont? If it is because they go in too much toward the frame as long as you can fit your feet on them then it is actually better for scrapig right? I mean the further out you are the faster you wil scrape right...or is my thinking waaay off point. On a personal note, what do yall think about the Diamond Black Stuff and have any of you ever seen it in person or owned it for a review?

Old 07-15-2012, 04:35 AM
TennesseeGene
Cruiser

nopetral I owed u a big thanks to but am bad at typing so got to correcting stuff and left ya out sorry bro. or broette if that is the case lol u all and this whole forum rock

Old 07-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks everyone, especially Beasleyiv and misbehaven cuz now I know it will work, but wonder why Harley says they dont? If it is because they go in too much toward the frame as long as you can fit your feet on them then it is actually better for scrapig right?
The reason they say they don't fit is because someone at HD has his entire head up his vertical crack. There is no difference between the two floor boards except for the shape. The lo's is half moon and the standard is not. Other then that there is no difference.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Thanks everyone, especially Beasleyiv and misbehaven cuz now I know it will work, but wonder why Harley says they dont? If it is because they go in too much toward the frame as long as you can fit your feet on them then it is actually better for scrapig right? I mean the further out you are the faster you wil scrape right...or is my thinking waaay off point. On a personal note, what do yall think about the Diamond Black Stuff and have any of you ever seen it in person or owned it for a review?
I have Diamond Black Pegs on my engine guard, like the look, but at highway+ speeds my boots tend to slip twoard the outside. Not enough grip in my opinion. But thats just my experience.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:56 PM
nopetrol
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lmao, glad you got it figured out. Always ready to help a bro. Shame you have a Lo. If you needed chrome traditional pans.... I'd give you a set.

nopetral I owed u a big thanks to but am bad at typing so got to correcting stuff and left ya out sorry bro. or broette if that is the case lol u all and this whole forum rock

Old 07-16-2012, 05:16 AM
TennesseeGene
Cruiser

Thanks for the review Fat11lo...I am trying to see in your picture but are those the adjustable highway peg mount kits, short- angled, that u have your pegs mounted on the mustache engine guard with? If so I have them in long an wondered if they stuck waaaay out and if they were comfortable. As for the pegs i usually like my boots out side as long as the ends frab me and dont feel like i will slip off...plus i also tend to lay the back of my heel or leg over the pegs so it shouldnt bee to bad, I appreciate the heads up on lack of grip though. Also it seems we have very similar taste as I have the black engine guard kit instead of the mustache kit kinda interested to hear what else you have done to your ride and see where I weigh in and maybe get some more ideas...

Old 07-16-2012, 05:20 AM
TennesseeGene
Cruiser

Oh , Nopetrol I am a short inseam guy...so I know I can ride the Standard Fatboy or even the Touring models, but I like to be able to stand off of the seat in the rare case that I need to pull her back up a lip or slight hill that way I can use my legs to get some extra umpfff u know? It doesnt happen often but it does happen where I am not sure where to park or how I am gonna get out and knowing I can pull 700 pounds backwards makes me more comfortable...not to mention in slow traffic and stuff...just one of the things a short guy has to get used to I guess lol