Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagged Lo: The End Is Near.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Bagged Lo: The End Is Near.

Besides minor bling such as floor boards and some trim....almost finished. Just got back from my road trip and received my painted bags. Now all I have to do is send it to the local shop (Airdrie Auto Werks) and get some custom fittings pieced together since the nuts and bolts given don't really jive between Cycle Vision brackets & Calvary bags. Also getting a light bar modified to flush up to the rear fender and a hidden support bracket made under the fender tail...which Cycle Vision's does not work at all for the RWD fender. Once all fitted and lined up perfect (including pipes parallel), my last round of powder coats will be sent in after riding season is over. Also the lowered blacked out forks will go on in the near future.

Note...I am very pleased on how well the RWD rear fender flushes up well with the bag set up.

Pics..ignore the bug splat. I finally got a day to myself to get bike on the brain again.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Should have the bike back beginning of next week. Then time to go get some milk!

Btw I am still ticked that it took 4 months for the dealership to find a painter and painted for the tins. Local paint shop took one week for the bags. Frikin retarded.

Last edited by Josewales; 07-21-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:53 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait to see her completed. Been following your progress from the beginning.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good Jose. I have been looking at bags for about a year now for my Lux. But, I want to go with extended bags. I might eventually take the plunge.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Beagletim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Old 07-21-2012, 11:32 AM
haulin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do so much with a lo...looks wicked! Jose what bars are those? I like em.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Mark_H
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good!

Old 07-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Thanx Guys.

Ghostrider...Airdrie Auto Werkes (Airdrie Alberta Canada) makes one piece 'tank to bags'...just saw their Roadking on the bench with one. Looks frikin awesome.

Also those are 1.5" Carlini Freeway bars on mine.

Serj...damn man. This local bag custom shop would give your bad daddy's a run for the money. Soon as I saw their baggers, reminded me of yours.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:23 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I love the look of the hard bags on the softail. Nice looking bike.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

K folks....Airdrie Auto Werkes FTW!

Damn they lined up everything nice and did a great job shaving & flushing the back taillight bar. Now to do a few touch ups and some black plugs.

Next on the mod list...installing blacked out lower forks. This fall on a crappy riding week, will send in the next round of powders (including bag latches).

Side note....I may have to show my baby. Amongst the shop's custom baggers....I was told people right away asked about my bike when they rolled in. Shop owner wants to one piece my LO, 'tank to bags' I think. He started talking about it, I said no! I told told him it still needs to look like a LO and pipes have to stand out. Plus I dont want plastic fenders:P

Last edited by Josewales; 07-24-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Bagged Lo: The End Is Near.