Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 02:52 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

There are many like it but this one is mine. 2015 Slim, vivid black, had it one week now.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:33 PM
GlennB.
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

This is random but does anyone have a different gas cap? I'm looking for a tri spinner gas cap for my slim and can't seem to find anything. Anyone have one or have something that unique or different from the stock?

Old 08-05-2015, 09:14 AM
SlimPaul
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jam436
I have the same ones, also PC'd black.
And if you look next time your in a showroom, these risers are already a spot-on match for the ones that come on the Deluxes... but as WKNDS mentioned these are not straight.

Hey jam436,

I was looking at your signature picture: what brand/name is the rack you are mounting? The picture is relatively small and I do not see how it is attached to the frame.
I am interested in coming up with a solution to carry,say, a large backpack but I do not want to go down the road of multiple-kits-relocating-this-and-that-tricks that Harley tries to get you into

Old 08-05-2015, 10:05 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SlimPaul
Hey jam436,

I was looking at your signature picture: what brand/name is the rack you are mounting? The picture is relatively small and I do not see how it is attached to the frame.
I am interested in coming up with a solution to carry,say, a large backpack but I do not want to go down the road of multiple-kits-relocating-this-and-that-tricks that Harley tries to get you into
It's a Motherwell's 6" Solo Luggage Rack for Softail Slims 2012-UP in gloss Black. P/N MWL-151GB.
I've since taken it off since I didn't use it much and besides, I like the cleaner look without it.
I don't think it would serve your purpose though as the load rating is on the low side - I believe they recommend something like no more than 10#.

Last edited by jam436; 08-05-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:21 AM
SlimPaul
Advanced

Hey thanks!
It is actually kinda what I was looking for: I can mount it simply with thumbscrews!
Look like this manufacturer has interesting products, will look into their solution for the detachable sissy bar also: same thing here, I hate the idea of having to relocate turning signals and side licence plate and so on...

Old 08-05-2015, 01:04 PM
jam436
Supporter

Originally Posted by SlimPaul
Hey thanks!
It is actually kinda what I was looking for: I can mount it simply with thumbscrews!
Look like this manufacturer has interesting products, will look into their solution for the detachable sissy bar also: same thing here, I hate the idea of having to relocate turning signals and side licence plate and so on...
Check out "raybowtieman" on eBay (Bowman Welding).
A lot of guys here running their sissy bars for the same reason - they don't require turn signal or license relocation.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:09 PM
SlimPaul
Advanced

Thanks again!

Old 08-05-2015, 02:57 PM
slim_powers
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Check out "raybowtieman" on eBay (Bowman Welding).
A lot of guys here running their sissy bars for the same reason - they don't require turn signal or license relocation.
jam436, did you relocate the rear fender reflectors or just get rid of them? I have my eye on one of these Bowman sissy bars (but with the crossbar for a pad and shorter in height, as well as angled back a few degrees) after seeing them mentioned a few times. I love not having to spend ~$300 at the stealership for relocation kits.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:15 PM
jam436
Supporter

Originally Posted by slim_powers
jam436, did you relocate the rear fender reflectors or just get rid of them? I have my eye on one of these Bowman sissy bars (but with the crossbar for a pad and shorter in height, as well as angled back a few degrees) after seeing them mentioned a few times. I love not having to spend ~$300 at the stealership for relocation kits.
I don't have a Bowman, but you will have to remove the reflectors to install one.
I just took mine off anyway...

Old 08-05-2015, 03:33 PM
slim_powers
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't have a Bowman, but you will have to remove the reflectors to install one.
I just took mine off anyway...
Are they easy to remove? Someone mentioned in a different thread using a heat gun to remove them, which I don't have. I'm afraid if I just pull them off, I'll wreck the paint enough that my touch-up kit won't be able to fix it.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!