Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumped my deluxe now in search of parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 12:01 AM
My2007softail
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumped my deluxe now in search of parts

On my way home from winner best in show, I dumped my pride and joy. fortunately I wasn't hurt that bad, and neither was the bike. But I have the diamond plate floorboard inserts, and shifter controls that I'm finding is no longer available through HD. Does anyone have an idea where I can find replacement parts? I've already tried EBAY. Also, would it be cheaper to get front fender from HD already with paint scheme or just get raw fender and have it redone somewhere else? And is that even possible

Going nutz
Minnie

Attached Thumbnails Dumped my deluxe now in search of parts-2012-08-27_16-38-52_924-1-.jpg  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:26 AM
bcrdb
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No words of wisdom, but I sure am sorry to see your beautiful bike banged up. Glad you're here to write about it.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:42 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have not checked on fenders yet from Harley but I did check about gas tanks because I might paint my bike but don't want to alter or ruin my stock tins. The tank ready to paint was 800 bucks, painted to match your bike was nearly 1500 bucks. I got one off of CL in mint shape for 300 bucks. I have some spare parts around the house, I have an 06 Deluxe. I don't know what all you need but you are welcome to them if you pay the shipping. Almost anything I have you could have for free. I decided not to paint my bike now so I will sell my tank for what I paid for it. I hate to see a brother down but VERY thankful you are able to talk about it and fix your bike. I had a buddy last year who was not so lucky, a woman pulled out in front of us and he died at the scene. I tried everything I knew to keep him going until help arrived, I used to be an EMT, but once I started chest compressions I knew he was gone. His chest was like mush with his chest plate and all of his ribs were crushed. I pray I never see or have to do that ever again. If you want or need anything just drop me a line.

Last edited by tbonetony06; 09-15-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I had a buddy last year who was not so lucky, a woman pulled out in front of us and he died at the scene. I tried everything I knew to keep him going until help arrived, I used to be an EMT, but once I started chest compressions I knew he was gone. His chest was like mush with his chest plate and all of his ribs were crushed. I pray I never see or have to do that ever again. If you want or need anything just drop me a line.
F*@k man, you just totally ruined my day with that story.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:41 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

To bad about the bike but glad you're ok. I have lots of take-offs around too if you need anything just pm me.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:35 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Sh*t happens, not sure what else to say. Still, I have parts around if you need them Dude.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by My2007softail
On my way home from winner best in show, I dumped my pride and joy. fortunately I wasn't hurt that bad, and neither was the bike. But I have the diamond plate floorboard inserts, and shifter controls that I'm finding is no longer available through HD. Does anyone have an idea where I can find replacement parts? I've already tried EBAY. Also, would it be cheaper to get front fender from HD already with paint scheme or just get raw fender and have it redone somewhere else? And is that even possible

Going nutz
Minnie

The fender, from harley, painted and clear coated will run you about 600.00. The nice part about it, it's EXACTLY what was on there to start...

Old 09-16-2012, 01:46 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with the other poster, if you buy it from Harley painted it is exactly the same as the original even thought it's pretty pricey. I am not a painter so I don't know how close someone else can paint a fender or how well it would match up. As for the other poster who I bummed out with my story about my buddy? The only reason I brought it up was to remind everyone that not all of us come home once we go out for a ride. He told his wife we were just going for coffee and would be right back, it's didn't play out that way. This was 8 O'clock in the morning on a Sunday, who would have ever thought that was a dangerous time to ride? Listen to the kicker about this whole story. The wife of my buddy found out the woman who pulled out in front of us was having a really hard time with what she did. My buddy's wife went over to her house and told her she realized it was an accident and she forgave that woman who caused her husband's death. What a remarkable thing to do. If that was my kid, I don't know that I would be able to do that. May God bless them both.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:58 PM
cherrick
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buds Motorcycle Shop
Austin, TX.
(512) 472-8658
Tell 'em Chuck said hi.