Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Seat Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 PM
khubbard
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe Seat Options

Have a 201212 Deluxe I got this spring. Love the bike and the ride even though at almost 6' I'm borderline too tall for it. Looking for ideas on seat options to increase leg room and comfort but not lose flexibility I have now.

For around town I take passenger seat and rack off and run clean rear fender with just my solo seat. I find it just looks better with my apes and since I don't need to strap anything down or have other riders it works fine. But for longer hauls I usually put seat and rack back on along with sissy bar on back so I can strap on a bag.

I really would like to find a good seat that moves me back just a bit but also offer detachable back support along with option of passenger seat to allow for sissy bar and strapping down gear. That way on long runs I can have the extra comfort of increased leg room and back rest but around town I can strip clean again.

I know there are a bunch of options out there but value the opinion of folks here who have lived it. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Old 09-24-2012, 02:12 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You could just get your seat shaved some to push you back

You could also get the Kuryakyn floorboard extensions. I have them and they work great

Old 09-24-2012, 02:16 PM
FLSTNHARLEY
Cruiser

You may want to consider engine guards w/highway pegs or a mustache bar (that is what I did) I'm 6'2" and love the ride of my Deluxe

Old 09-24-2012, 02:37 PM
khubbard
6th Gear

I currently have mustache bar with pegs as well as extended shift and brake. I think I'm looking for more back to upper body change rather than legs. Thought if I pushed seat back some it would help extend arms a little. Right now with apes I feel like I am in "no mans land" but NO WAY I'm going to get rid of them. Love them.

Looking some now at Corbin seats. They have some good options with Classic Solo and Gunfighter but think Classic Solo will only give me the same seat I have (with back rest) and not sure on Gunfighter. It appears to be slightly down and back but not sure on that or if I like the look.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:49 PM
AnchorsAweigh
Advanced

If your looking for back support and want to get your seat shaved down, I have a springer seat rail with a tall back rest pad for sale. I love the nostalgic look, and personally think its the way to go. I Just no longer need it.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...seat-rail.html

Old 09-24-2012, 06:01 PM
teflon
Road Captain

have your stock seat trimmed, i did it made a huge difference. Cut the sides down a bit and took almost all the rear ridge out, huge difference then added a short backrest and its perfect! I am also 6'. Teflon

Old 09-24-2012, 07:21 PM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior
Received 337 Likes on 217 Posts

try changing the deluxe pull-back risers for straight ones. Will give you a lil more reach.