Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not a blacked out LO?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Eagle240
Tourer
Received 120 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Not a blacked out LO?

I love my Lo and plan on continuing with my intentions of,i think...

-PC forks black
- PC Primary, clutch covers black
- black levers

But I was really diggin' the little hint of red in the emblem, and wanting to break up some of the black with some neutral color...
I have read in its entirity the "Calling all FB Lo" thread and seen the 2 following 2-tone bikes....

NOW - I am not thinking of going BLACK-N-RED, I am thinking of doing a 2 tone color combo with Vivid as the base, and then the top color similiar to the new "Hard Candy" from Harley, but with Silver flake.. like this....

and then seperating the 2 colors Silver-N-Black with a narrow red pinstripe matching the Red in the emblem....

And then i digress, maybe if I paint it like this, I should keep the other silver items on bike... primary cover, levers, forks, etc...

This whole "paint bug" started when a good friend of mine seen my Lo, and went to the dealer 3 weeks later and bought the same one, then put on similiar apes, and black exhaust... etc... I primarily ride with this dude, and Im not trying to have twin!

Gimme some feedback fellas! is the metal flake "overkill" is it a bad color combo ? suggestions?

Old 10-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Joe_Brock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep her as is...Mine pretty much looks the same...but with a chrome exhaust...and that will be the only chrome on her when Im done. I just think the black looks sexy!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 AM
prldrm
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suck it up and go with the twin theme! Save your dollars and buy matching riding outfits and mullet wigs instead of repainting your bike.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Eagle240
Tourer

Originally Posted by prldrm
Suck it up and go with the twin theme! Save your dollars and buy matching riding outfits and mullet wigs instead of repainting your bike.

The green and black is SICK! I love it! Nice Scoot - is your rear end shotgunned? Im going for your look, but all black(maybe silver too) with a lo....

Old 10-03-2012, 04:35 PM
prldrm
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! Yeah, I Shotgunned it. BTW, your idea for paint does sound good. That silver flake would look badass with red striping separating it from black.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i am always a fan of 2 main colors and one accent color... right now you you are rocking gloss, flat, and the silver so you have a great start just need to dial it in a bit more... i think playing more to the gloss and flat combo and having the silver on the cases looks good and it will be tied in with your wheels... if i was you... i would do the lowers in gloss black, your headlight trim ring in flat, mask the dash and do only the outside portion in flat black leaving the center section in silver, gas caps in flat, risers in flat, rotors in gloss, tail light trim ring in flat, ignition switch in flat (or gloss) and then see how that looks... maybe then look into doing the upper and/or lower rocker boxes... but this would leave you with a bike that is sporting basicly all 2 tone, using gloss black and flat black as the main colors and the silver off your wheels and engine cases as your accent... plus save you from having to do a ton of work and pulling the pipes and all that bs to get to the cases... if you need any help with powder work our shop is more than happy to help out... can pull everything apart for you and re assemble it as well before shipping... to give you an idea on the dash he is one we masked to accent with black and leave most chrome... i would suggest the opposite on yours, black it with chrome accents and black ignition switch (we can pull these apart and coat them then re assemble them) i think that would be a really sick look... heck we could also shave your air cleaner as well to clean it up a bit

do something like this to your air cleaner cover but in gloss with flat black bolt

Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Like the 2011 custom paint sets?

Like this

Last edited by kozy22; 10-03-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:48 PM
JRK5892
Banned

bad *** scoot man... that is all

Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Eagle240
Tourer

JRK5892 -love the ideas - going to use some of them thanks!

kozy22 - thats the first time i have seen the 2011 paint sets.. I am thinking doing the 2-tone more like the root beer 2013 anniversary model, but instead of the candy root beer color, using the silver metal flake... i think doing this and adding in some accents of black and flat like JRK5892 suggested will look great...

LEt the winter project begin!!! I will return from Florida OCtober 15th and disassembly will commence!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 AM
JRK5892
Banned

if your looking for a coater let me know... i am up in STL pretty often actually as i went to school in Missouri so i have a allot of friends out there

Quick Reply: Not a blacked out LO?