Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dude looking at a blackline

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 03:27 AM
THE WEIAND ONE
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dude looking at a blackline

hi everyone. i know theres been a million threads about this so i will keep it simple. like nightrain. coolest bike ever. nightrain dead. damn. looked at blackline. like everything but the back tire and fender. so im thinking i will get all the parts for a fatboy out back. swing arm and etc. somehow find me a crossbones rear fender. get it installed at dealer. keep the stock blackline height. not void my warranty. will my plan work. havent bought bike yet. salesman didnt know if it would work. if its too much trouble im just gonna buy a street bob. and spit on harley for killing the night train. im a camaro guy. new to bikes. so please pardon my ignorance. also i almost forgot. if i wanted to get abs would it somehow mess up my plan. thanks guys. i appreciate any info.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:58 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

Welcome to the forums, I like the blackline and nightrain for sure if it where me I'd pick up a nice used 2009 nightrain and call it a day. I could ride a blackline it's up there on my list of like-able bikes.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:09 AM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 595 Posts

Check this thread out; lots of sweet 'Lines in there...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-thread-3.html

Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Get a Night Train. Plug Night Train in the search, there are 194 of them on there at this moment.

http://www.chopperexchange.com/buyers/search.asp

Old 12-19-2012, 02:18 AM
THE WEIAND ONE
6th Gear

thanks guys for taking time to read my longass post. yeah i have considered a nice used night train. but i really hate to pay that much for a used bike. real close too a new bike price. at the end of the day i would really hate to get stung by a used bike. know a lot of guys end up making payments on a car or bike that isnt running. still might consider a used train. but its gotta be a real well taken care of bike. gotta be careful man. thanks anyways.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:51 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by THE WEIAND ONE
hi everyone. i know theres been a million threads about this so i will keep it simple. like nightrain. coolest bike ever. nightrain dead. damn. looked at blackline. like everything but the back tire and fender. so im thinking i will get all the parts for a fatboy out back. swing arm and etc. somehow find me a crossbones rear fender. get it installed at dealer. keep the stock blackline height. not void my warranty. will my plan work. havent bought bike yet. salesman didnt know if it would work. if its too much trouble im just gonna buy a street bob. and spit on harley for killing the night train. im a camaro guy. new to bikes. so please pardon my ignorance. also i almost forgot. if i wanted to get abs would it somehow mess up my plan. thanks guys. i appreciate any info.
I would really do my research on putting the crossbones rear fender on a Blackline. The holes won't match up. The blackline has a shorter strut, so you would have to drill new holes in cross bones fender, and fill in the rear ones.

Keep ridin'
Garry

Last edited by LeatherPro; 12-20-2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: sp
Old 12-22-2012, 05:32 AM
THE WEIAND ONE
6th Gear

thanks for the info about the crossbone fender. good to know.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 AM
THE WEIAND ONE
6th Gear

has anyone with a blackline put a crossbones rear fender on their bike.? would be real intersted to know if it was a true pain in the *** to get on. i looked at a few used nighttrains. nice bikes but before i decide on a train or a blackline like to see what others have done before me. i know im not the only one who misses the train and thought about making something similar out of a slackline...i mean blackline. sorry.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Blackline is a good looking bike stock, IMO. I would buy one and ride it a while before I decided what changes to make. Or, if I really liked the Night Train I would find one with low miles on it see how little I could get it for. The economy is tough now and only getting worse, if you are in the market for a toy there has probably never been a better time for buyers, the sellers are taking an *** whipping.